Até que ponto (Quando) eu posso usar Lemme, Gonna, Gotta?

Hey guys, After learn the correct english at a school, I started learning it by myself, by talking to natives, reading and etc. But mostly I did was talk to natives, and they use a lot for abreviation the terms Lemme, Gonna, Gotta. How right or wrong are they and how should I use it?
Ex: I gotta do this, or my mom won't lemme go. Thanks!

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
6 49 1.3k
Hey guys! After learning correct English at the school, I started learning it by myself; by talking to natives, reading etc (etc means "and do son" so adding "and" we will have "and and so on''.

But what I did for training, mostly, was talking to natives, and they use a lot of abreviations, terms like Lemme, Gonna, Gotta. How right or wrong are they and how should I use ?
Ex: I gotta do this, or my mom won't lemme go. Thanks!

===============
Generally we use abbreviations, slangs and lots of idioms when talking to/with informal people, and in informal environs.
Spoken English is by nature more informal than his writen counterpart. And there are some states, cities (New York, an instance of that) and countries (United Kingdom) that are more prone to informal communication.
There are professionals that have to use more standard and grammatical English (the military, professors etc). In the other hand, there are people in careers like singers, people that work with computers, gamers, and professional in careers where the young prevails.
So, it depends on the native you talk to, and wich type of interaction you have.
POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
Generally speaking, these contractions should not be used in formal writing. They're widely used in spoken English and informal written English. You will hear many professors and other educated people using them, sometimes even in formal settings.
6 49 1.3k
Yep, that´s right. When I said in informal environs, I meant that in some degree, since a pilot and co-pilot chatting, interacting in a in-flight talk or before checking the systems, could be that informal. Then, radioing to the control tower, they certainly will switch to their old informal selves.
Same to the military, Justices, and other "serious" careers, when in their day off they can relax and talk in informal ways, if and when they please. ;)