Como dizer "adoro quando" em inglês

Olá pessoal

Como eu digo isso: Adoro quando ele faz isso com o cabelo.

Obrigada,

Paty

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
8 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Daniel.S 1 2 11
I love it when he tosses his hair like that

Take care

Daniel
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
pondedaniel escreveu:I love it when he tosses his hair like that

Take care

Daniel
Daniel, tá aí uma legal pra postar lá nos falsos cognatos.
Valeu amigos!
Abraços , paty
"I love it when..."
"I like it when..."
"I hate it when..."

Esse 'it' tem que estar sempre presente?

[]s
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Olá Rotahc,

Por questões idiomáticas sim,sempre.

Merry Christmas
!
COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
maryziller 1 2
rotahc escreveu:"I love it when..."
"I like it when..."
"I hate it when..."

Esse 'it' tem que estar sempre presente?

[]s
You need to include the it. Otherwise the sentence sounds incomplete. It sounds like you want to say something else in addition to "I like", and the listener keeps waiting for the completion of your thought.

You have probably heard the story of the man who lived in an apartment downstairs and the neighbor in the apartment above. Before going to bed each night the upstairs neighbor would take off his shoes and drop them to the floor. Every night it was the same story, and the downstairs neighbor became accustomed to the bedtime shoe dropping ritual and its noise. He only went to bed after he heard the shoes drop because it was no use going to sleep any earlier since the clunk of the dropped shoes would wake him up, if he were asleep. So, he waited to fall asleep.
Then one day the upstairs neighbor only dropped one shoe. And that was so unaccomtomed that the downstairs neighbor found himself waiting and waiting for the second shoe to drop. It just didn't seem natural for only one shoe to drop. The downstairs neighbor couldn't sleep. He kept waiting for the other shoe to drop.

That is what it feels like to me when people leave out the "it" in their sentences. Although it is a common error, even listed in Inglês Urgente by Christina Schumacher, I just can't get used to people leaving out the it, and I keep asking myself, "He likes...what?"

For me, being a non-native speaker of Portuguese, when I hear "gostei" it sounds incomplete because we need to refer to what was liked in English, even if only with an "it."
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
Oi pessoal

Complementando o post, a lição 17 do curso de inglês para tímidos fala sobre este assunto.

https://www.englishexperts.com.br/curso ... -licao-17/

hope it helps
Henry Cunha 3 18 190
Eu atribuo isso à peculiaridade de certos verbos, nessa construção, e aos costumes da língua oral. E lembrando que nem todos os verbos requerem "it" com "when", mesmo casualmente:

I speak when spoken to.
I leave when I'm not happy.
I write when inspiration dawns on me.
I wake when the sun rises.
I scream when I feel like it.
I wonder when he will come.

Entendendo que o Adir queria exemplificar o tema da sua lição mencionada acima, mesmo assim sugiro pensarem como poderíamos dizer o mesmo um tanto mais economicamente:

I like it when people treat me with respect.= I like being treated with respect.
I don’t mind it when I have to wait in line at the bank. = I don't mind having to wait (waiting) in line at the bank.
I can’t stand it when people smoke around me. = I can't stand people smoking (cigarette smoke) around me.

Fica a questão do tipo de verbo que suscita "it" em construções com "when" (e não com "how", "why", etc.). Parece-me serem verbos que expressam sentimentos: like, hate, love, etc. Outra maneira de identificá-los, talvez seja antecipando como o verbo apareceria em resposta a uma pergunta. Ex:

What do you think of this picture?
I + like / love / admire / hate / etc. + it.
Outros?
Comments?

Regards