Como dizer "Deus escreve certo em linhas tortas" em inglês

Jerry Dorien 4 48
it was a blessing in disguise (Deus escreve certo em linhas tortas) Provérbio

And Judah said to his brothers, What profit is there in putting our brother to death and covering up his blood?
Let us give him to these Ishmaelites for a price, and let us not put violent hands on him, for he is our brother, our flesh. And his brothers gave ear to him. Genesis 37:26-27

Abraços

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Opção:

God writes straight with crooked lines

''God writes straight with crooked lines

When I was 13, I had back surgery which hospitalized me for six months. Our parish priest asked his sister to visit me. I'll never forget the day she walked into my room with holy books, candy and time to chat. Sister Mary Rita was principal of St. Basil's School, taught the Grade 8 class and came every week to visit.'' [ Google Canada]
josneywat 6
God moves / works in mysterious ways.

Person A: It seems that I'm about to be fired from my job.
Person B: Well, God works in mysterious ways — maybe it'll be the kick you need to apply to university...
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
In addition to the ones already presented before:

Deus escreve certo por linhas tortas.
b) God writes straight with crooked lines.

Notice: Many people say that (a) is bad English, and more used and known in the people of Spanish descent(namely, the Spanish community in the States), I have seen both in the Web, tough.

Others say that (b) is more grammatically correct, and that (a) was a kinda bad corruption of the Spanish version, that came from the Spanish Catholic devouts in the States.

Again, back to (a). Some will use ON (more correct) and others use WITH (perhaps not so correct, but certainly they will use it anyway - everyday stuff, I mean.)