Como dizer "Fazer cera" em inglês

Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Olá Pessoal,

'Fazer cera' equivale a atrasar o jogo de propósito para obter alguma vantagem. Em inglês, há um equivalente não tão específico, que é ''to stall''. De um modo geral, significa "enrolar","fazer hora", etc.

The team was stalling. (O time estava fazendo cera.)
They started stalling after scoring the first goal. (Eles começaram a fazer cera depois de marcar o primeiro gol.)

Bons estudos!

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
6 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
josneywat 6
I spent Sunday lazing around the house.

I spent the weekend lounging around....

Both can have similar meanings to "fazer cera".
Pessoal,

Mais uma:

Stall the game

On top of that, the goalie was playing it up. He wasn't hit that hard. He was stalling the game, in hopes of getting Argentina the win. IT's something they've always done. They're well known in Germany as a team full of actors, not athletes. (Google)

E ainda por cima, o goleiro estava valorizando. Ele não foi atingido com tanta força. Ele estava fazendo cera, na esperança de conseguir a vitória para a Argentina. É algo que eles sempre fizeram. Eles são bem conhecidos na Alemanha como um time cheio de atores, e não atletas.

Boa sorte!
Simon Vasconcelos 11 221
To mess about

I also took an excursion to Martha Brae Rafting Village, and idled away a morning messing about on the river on a raft, powered by a gondolier. The Guardian
Run down the clock

''Saturday, the Vikes came out strong and controlled the game from start. Already, in the first quarter, the ladies were running down the clock and taking their time to set up good shots.'' [Google Canada]
Zumstein 1 31 435
Fazer cera – Time-wasting

A team who is in the lead or playing for a draw taking a long time to take goal kicks, etc.
Ex.:
While excessive ball-bouncing prior to service is "time-wasting", it does not constitute serving the hand out. (worldsquash.org)
CURSO DE PRONÚNCIA
Domine todos os sons do inglês com o nosso novo curso de pronúncia. O professor Adir Ferreira, referência no ensino de pronúncia, criou este curso especialmente para o English Experts. INICIAR AGORA
Simon Vasconcelos 11 221
To loiter

This morning, families walked together through my neighbourhood to cast their ballots in the voice referendum, and loitered, chewing the fat around the sausage sizzles and the cake stalls. The Guardian