How to prepare a good oral test

Hi Guys!
I wonder if anyone can help me in how to prepare a good oral test for students at intermediate level. Is there any special technique that facilitates the correct evaluation of the students?
What should I consider in this type of evaluation, taking as a reference the content taught in the classroom?

Thanks for your help!

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Aluisio,

I think an oral test should be based only on what you taught the students previously. If you change the content, the test may be more difficult than it should and eventually demotivate your students. I usually assess my students by asking them a few questions about what they do, what they like, where they go, and so on. I also read sentences or a text and then check their understanding by saying "what does it mean?" or "what is the text about?". I believe all oral tests should not take long; sometimes a single word a student says is enough for you to know how good he is.
That's it! Thank you!
Thomas 7 62 296
What I've often seen is that the students choose their subject, and then they make an oral presentation to their classmates. The ones I liked best were those that had visual aids. If someone talks about his stamp collection, he brings some stamps to show the students. If someone talks about her new camera, she brings it and explains how to take photos with it. By letting the student decide what will be discussed, he is allowed to use what has been covered already in class, be adventuresome and try new sentence structures, etc. And, of course, the student determines the vocabulary.
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Thomas,
"By letting the student decide what will be discussed, he is allowed to use what has been covered already in class, be adventuresome and try new sentence structures, etc"
You reminded us of a very important aspect of English teaching.

Thank you!
cool!