Qual preposição usar com Congratulation: For ou On?

Olá, gostaria de descobrir qual forma está correta quando eu uso a palavra congratulation, pois normalmente uso com for ex. Congratulations for our son. Mas também já encontrei várias frases com "congratulation on" qual é a forma correta? E qual a diferença do for para o on?

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Olá Nanacaiana,

"Congratulations on" é a forma correta; sempre use a preposição "on".

Bons estudos!
Então, eu não posso usar nem "for" e nem "to" ?

- Congratulations for you!

- Congratulations to you!

- Congratulations on you!

Somente a última opção está correta, então?
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
In addition to the above answer we could also have some fine-drawn distinctions:

Congratulations on your baby. (I am a well-wisher here, I wish well to you and your baby. - on the context of a happy event.)
Congratulations on your marriage. (same here.)

Congratulations for saving the farm from foreclosure! (I mean somehow "well done" for some feat you have done - I am praising you/your feat).

Congratulations to (would be to either - you wish well - or for something that somebody has done and you are praising it/him/her/they.)
The townspeople offered congratulations to the utility company for the swift restoration of power.

Examples from:
https://www.dailywritingtips.com/congra ... on-or-for/

I hope this helps. BTW, congrats for your inquisitive learner mind/for being such an inquisitive learners. :-)

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dicti ... atulations
Entendo, então dependendo da situação e do contexto eu posso usar os três: on, for, to.

Obrigado pela resposta. Os links também foram úteis.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
That´s right, you got it. Glad that it helped you. ;-)