Tag Question: na negativa não contraída: É possível?

Por exemplo, nas frases "She likes me a lot, doesn't she?", seria permitido dizer "She likes me a lot, does she not?" ?
Outro exemplo, na frase "You have bought a car, haven't you?", seria permitido dizer "You have bought a car, have you not?" ?
Grato desde já pela ajuda.

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Dicas:

As tag questions(assunto comum do inglês) devem quase sempre estar na forma contraída quando estiverem na negativa. Mas pode haver exceções.

Veja uma exceção do site 'weblearneng.com'

''Negative interrogative without contraction is sometimes possible in ‘Tag’, but the word order is different. This type of construction is used to show disbelief or doubt or even to give more force to the expression.''

Ex.: You saw him stealing the purse, did you not?
I don't agree - I think the "did you not" is just a more formal, old-fashioned construction. I don't think it carries any difference in meaning.

99% of people would say "You told me you'd be late, didn't you"
1% of people would say "You told me you'd be late, did you not." It's just an affectation, its use carries with it the air of some old-fashioned university professor, and some people like to emulate that kind of personality.

There's plenty of other antiquated phrases which people use for the same reason - rather like a posh slang.