Como dizer "Lombada, Quebra-molas" em inglês

Como dizer "Lombada, Quebra-molas" em inglês
sandrom 3 11
There are some designations for speed traffic obstacles in English spoken countries:

USA: speed bump
UK: speed hump, sleeping policeman

Regards,

Sandro

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
"Sleeping policeman" ! That sounds funny! :lol: I didn't know that one. Thanks!

Two more: "Speed breaker" and "Judder bar".

Imagem

Hope it helps ;)
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
According to Google, New Zealand speakers of English use "judder bars" for speed humps/bumps.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Speed humps is also accepted, perhaps even standard, at least it made it to the DMV test.

Site USA traffic signs:
http://www.quia.com/quiz/878107.html?AP_rand=1952787230
(it will appear in the test, every time someone hit "start" it reshuffles, so the number of the question changes, but it always will be there.)
A palavra bump pode ser utilizada? Pois no Google Imagens há muitas placas de trânsito com só isto... Agradeço.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Yes, it can be used.

The car hit a bump and jumped into the air. I did the same, yelping as my head hit the roof before the car and I crashed back down.
Source: Destiny Kills - Book 1. By Keri Arthur.

It could be used figuratively as well, meaning that the person doesn´t know what the car hit, say at some rainforest road. The car hits a bump (because the impression is that it hit a bump), but then it turns out to be a big snake!