Where has Bill Slayman gone?

Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Bill, long time no see. Have you fared well?

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
16 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Alessandro 3 13 98
Marcio,

Bill had surgery a few weeks ago. We are looking forward do see him here on EE again.
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Alessandro, thank you for letting me know.
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
"I just wanted to let everyone know that I have not forgotten all my friends at EE, and will try to start helping them again with their English studies."

message that I received from Bill on Nov10th
Alessandro 3 13 98
Bill sent me a message today. He said he is ok. Thank God!
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Bill, if you read me, I hope you have recovered swiftly and well from surgery.
APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
All my friends at English Experts,

Two days after I got home from the hospital I developed a fever of 103 F (39.4 C), and was readmitted to the hospital with a severe staphylococcus infection. I was released after 2 1/2 weeks on I.V. antibiotics and am back at home and doing well, although I am still rather weak, and need frequent rest.

I have started posting on EE again and wish to thank all of you for your kind thoughts and wishes.

Muito Obrigado.
dlr 1
dang! I don't know if you had MRSA but I know people that have gotten it and I guess it's potentially life-threatening! I hope you didn't get that, because once you get it the first time it tends to develop again and again. In any case, get well soon!
W. Slayman,

I really missed your posts and had no idea you was in the hospital.I just hope you get better and take always a good rest.
I wish you all the health you need.

C U!
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
dlr escreveu:dang! I don't know if you had MRSA but I know people that have gotten it and I guess it's potentially life-threatening! I hope you didn't get that, because once you get it the first time it tends to develop again and again. In any case, get well soon!
For the ones who were curious like me:

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is a bacterium responsible for several difficult-to-treat infections in humans. It may also be called multidrug-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or oxacillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (ORSA).

read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methicilli ... cus_aureus
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Does Staphylococcus aureus have a plural form? I thought ... aurei, but you may think differently.
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
Prezado Bill,
Dear Bill,

Me entristece saber que você está passando momentos difíceis, mas estou certo que logo se sentirá melhor.
I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time, but I'm sure you'll be feeling better soon.
Daniel.S 1 2 11
good luck on your recovery, Bill.
Cause I miss him, he is a gentle helper on this forum!
I haven't seen him over here for a long time.
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
well, Bill lives in Florida, and it is summer there right now...
felipeh6 7 58
The question comes back again.
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
Where has he gone?

If helping friends counts, he's surely in heaven.

Homenagem a Bill Slayman (In Memoriam)