Como dizer "cinéfilo" em inglês

1 1 19
Eu sabia, mas me esqueci e não consigo achar mais. : o !

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
8 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
7 62 297
O fato que uma palavara está no dicionário nao quer dizer que se usa muito. Cinephile é um exemplo disto.

Movie/film - goer/lover/buff ?
Movie and film are used interchangeably. Another word also commonly heard in informal situations is "flick" (plural: flicks). The first movies/films had lighting problems and would "flicker" on the screen. "Flick" was soon adopted as a slang term for movies/films. Even today we have "Netflix" (net = internet, flix = movies/films/flicks).

A "goer" goes to the movies. If you watch movies on TV, technically you are not a "goer". If you walk or take transportation to see a movie, you are a "goer".

A "lover" loves. Need I say more?

A "buff" is someone with knowledge, interest, enthusiasm. If you can name five movies with Antonio Fagundes, you are probably a movie buff. A movie buff knows actors, directors, plots, differences in styles, etc. If you can tell us five things in common with O Lampiao and Maria Bonita of the Brazilian Northeast and Bonnie and Clyde of the USA's South, you are probably a history buff. A history buff knows dates, names of battles, types of uniforms, etc. If your favorite vacation is going to the Vale dos Vinhedos, you are probably a wine buff (or an alcoholic).

As you can see, it is easy (but not required) to be a movie buff, a film goer, and a cinema lover at the same time. The main difference. I believe, is that the buff studies, reads, compares, etc. His/her interest is active, not passive.

I hope these thoughts have been of help.
COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
1 2 11
You mean movie freak?
7 62 297
movie goer
movie lover
1 1 19
Ahh thank you very much!
The word I was looking for was 'filmgoer' . Thank you!
It's nice to know some other terms as well.
"movie buff" is also used.
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
Moviegoer não seria apenas uma pessoa que frequenta cinema?
Movie lover ou movie addicted seriam alternativas?
Obrigada ;)
23 127 1.7k
Quanto a "movie goer" e "movie lover" o Thomas respondeu acima. Ou seja, podem ser usados como "cinéfilo". Em relação a ''movie addicted", sugiro "movie addict" no lugar.