Como dizer "se safar" em inglês

Como dizer "se safar" em inglês
Adriano Japan 1 2 21
To get away with: do something against the rules or illegal and not get caught or punished

Examples:

- My sister always gets away with everything! - Minha irmã sempre se safa de tudo!
- In some countries, drunk drivers always gets away with no charges.

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Daniel Reis 2 16
Escape from ?

Pode ser usado nesse sentido ou só quando estamos falando de escapar de um lugar?

Valeu.
gabrielock 1 15
Hi, you coukd also say "get rid of it".
For example, this one thief just got into a bookstore and took a very expesive book with him, then one of the customers notice that and start running after him. After seeing that he is far away from being caught by them, one of the customers grab his phone and says: "He won't get rid of it" and call 911 asking for help.
Mas acho que tem um sntido mais proximo de "se livrar dessa"
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Other ways (in other sense, of course), would be:

-My sister really knows how to deal with difficult (or dangerous) situations.
-My sister is skilful at solving problems, it seems that with her everything works!
-My sister is very smart/clever, she always overcomes some problem when one come up.
-My sister is the kind of people that is always up to the challenge to the moment, she is used to handle things in the most inconceivable ways, as if she had thought ahead.
-My sister never screw up, try as you might to throw a curve at her, or bring up a difficult/seemingly unsolvable problem.
-My sister always figures out/work out the resolution of a problem.
-My sister is a resourceful girl, she really knows her stuff and if she doesn’t know, she is very resourceful and can figure things out.

And other ways, we could write a book on them...
Juliana Rios 24 105 397
Also,

To go / get off scot-free

Despite numerous accusations, the con artist got off scot-free.
"Escape from" pode ser usado nesse sentido ou só quando estamos falando de escapar de um lugar?
Daniel, a common phrase is "escape punishment" or "escape being punished". The word "escape" alone may not be enough to convey the idea in this context.

The man escaped punishment after being charged with drunk driving.
Hi, you could also say "get rid of it".
Gabriel, I suspect the meaning of "get rid of it" is more closely related to that of "dispose of something" or "make something disappear".

We've been meaning to get rid of the old TV for a while now.
How can we get rid of him?
I've had this cough forever and just can't seem to get rid of it.

Have you read or heard the expression used differently elsewhere? If so, let us know. Your thoughts are important.

A safe equivalent to "he won't go unpunished" is "he won't get away with it".
gabrielock 1 15
Oh, Juliana thanks for making things clearer.