Como dizer "de uma hora para outra" em inglês

Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Aprenda a dizer "de uma hora para outra" em inglês. Confira esta dica, fique por dentro do assunto e amplie o seu vocabulário no idioma.

At a moment's notice

Exemplos de uso:
  • You can't leave your job at a moment's notice. (Você não pode largar o trabalho de uma hora para outra.)
  • I can't give a speech at a moment's notice. (Eu não posso fazer um discurso de uma hora para outra.)
  • We can't be expected to just drop everything and leave at a moment's notice. (Não podem esperar que nós larguemos tudo e vamos embora de uma hora para outra.)
Bons estudos.

APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
6 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Just like that = sem mais nem menos
Mrs. Random: Well who are you?
David Huxley: I don't know. I'm not quite myself today.
Mrs. Random: Well, you look perfectly idiotic in those clothes.
David Huxley: These aren't my clothes.
Mrs. Random: Well, where are your clothes?
David Huxley: I've lost my clothes!
Mrs. Random: But why are you wearing *these* clothes?
David Huxley: Because I just went gay all of a sudden!
Mrs. Random: Now see here young man, stop this nonsense. What are you doing?
David Huxley: I'm sitting in the middle of 42nd Street waiting for a bus.

(Bringing Up Baby)
Thomas 7 62 296
Is that the same Thomas Carlyle who died in 1881? Do they still say "to club" in the UK? I've never heard it in the US.

In the USA we say "to pool", "to take up [start] a collection", "to pass the hat" or "to start a kitty".
If we pool our resources, we can have a wonderful trip to the beach.
Let's take up a collection and buy flowers for her.
I want to pass the hat and start a collection to buy a new microwave for the employee lunchroom.
We took money out of the kitty to buy him a necktie for his birthday.
Daniel Reis 2 16
Olá pessoal,

Queria saber se ''change up and down'' pode ser usado para dizer '' de uma hora para outra'' ?

Ex: You know, that has changed up and down.

Vi num filme e a tradução era ''de uma hora para outra''.

Valeus
jorgeluiz 1 6 92
1- out of the blue
1. From an unexpected or unforeseen source: criticism that came out of the blue.
2. At a completely unexpected time: a long-unseen friend who appeared out of the blue.
(the free dictionary and thesaurus )

2- Suddenly
Cheers !
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Change up and down-
Daniel, I think it can hint "de uma hora pra outra" in the sense of an oscillating way, at some time something changed into something else. And the guy that stated that focused rather on the unstable character of the change (alternation or an erratic behavior/unpredictability) than on the quickness of the process. So, [mudança] "de uma hora pra outra" in the sense of "uma hora uma coisa, outra hora outra coisa."
Whereas, one saying that something happened "out of the nowhere'' or "overnight" focus on the quickness, sorta.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/diction ... p-and-down