Como dizer "Saudosismo" em inglês

Se saudade é uma das mais difíceis palavras para se traduzir, que diremos de sua "parente" próxima na língua portuguesa?
Nas aulas de literatura, quem nunca estudou o "saudosismo", com uma das características do "romantismo"? Mas a questão maior, como expressar isso no inglês?

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Dicas:

Saudosismo: tendência a elogiar o passado ou as coisas do passado, a impressão de que o passado era bom e não deveria ter mudado.
Nostalgia: a feeling that a time in the past was good, or the activity of remembering a good time in the past and wishing that things had not changed. [Longman]

Saudosismo: nostalgia

Ex.: He looked back on his university days with a certain amount of nostalgia.

Bons estudos!
I'm gratefull, you always help us, Thank!
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
And also:

A sentimental yearning for the past.
A fondnesss for the past.
A longing for the oldie days.
Yearning for the past.

In truth, the indiscriminate eulogizer of the past would find in such memorials very little to sustain his theories of progressive deterioration. [nostálgico]

He regularly attacks the moral fiber of the entertainment industry that nurtured him, yet he´s that industry´s elder stateman, the chief eulogizer of his generation. [nostálgico...]

Here I was sitting with yet another eulogizer of the old ways,...[nostálgico]

This was a formative period for me, and I will always hold fond memories of the Muse days. [nostálgico, "tem fond memories"...]

Dr. Lucid stated that now the students sneak drinks in their rooms and he sips wine in his apartment, but he missed the old days when he was able raise a glass with the students at the same tables we were eating.
[de alguma forma nostálgico, tem saudades dos velhos tempos...quando...]

How many of us have fond memories as a child, gathering leaves into a pile and then jumping into the middle of it and throwing our arms into the air scattering those leaves to the crisp Autumn breeze.
[de uma certa maneira: "muitos de nós somos nostálgicos dos tempos de criança/temos saudades dos tempos de criança...]