Como dizer "Matar a cobra e mostrar o pau" em inglês

I have a question.

Como eu digo em inglês: "matar a cobra e mostrar o pau"

Beats me!

I'll be right back!

T. Rex

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
16 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Ninguém ainda conseguiu traduzir isso?
Nem eu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be happy!

T. Rex
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Existe a expressao:Show someone what you are made of
Ex:He´s the kind of guy who shows what he´s made of.=Ele é o tipo de cara que mostra a que veio(mata a cobra e mostra o pau).
Ex:I´m here to show you what I´m made of.=Estou aqui para matar a cobra e mostrar o pau.
Thanks Donay!

T. Rex
Hi guys, I wonder how that one could be, but one day i was talking to an English speaker, and said just like this, I did get rid of it. or could be him, her them.

how about that ?
Please, refer to the link below to learn about how to say "Matar a cobra e mostrar o pau", with Odorico Paraguassu, from Sucupira city.

"I am here... to kill the snake and show the stick because, with me is bread bread, cheese cheese."

http://colunas.cbn.globoradio.globo.com ... .2010..mp3
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
Gabi 1 1 19
Meu!
Me desculpem mesmo, mas
eu preciso perguntar ; o que "matar a cobra e mostrar o pau" significa?
Eu já ouvi na tv, devo até ter ouvido alguém falar...mas eu não sei exatamente o que
significa.
Significa mostrar que você é muito bom em algo?
pode parecer ridículo perguntar isso, mas é rss...uma hora ou outra eu teria que perguntar para alguém...
mili
Gabi, in Northeast of Brazil, where I used to live, matar a cobra e mostrar o pau means: to do what you have to and show the results ....I dont know if there is any other meaning because this is the only one I know.
mili
I just found it: Mato A Cobra E Mostro O Pau

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Significa uma pessoa afirmar algo e provar; não deixar dúvidas.

Quote:
Matar a cobra e mostrar o pau é ex­pres­são bra­si­lei­ra, nascida no tem­po em que o país era mais rural que ur­ba­no. Sig­ni­fi­ca pro­ce­der às cla­ras; tomar decisão im­por­tan­te ou perigosa acei­tan­do de pú­bli­co to­tal res­pon­sa­bi­li­da­de; afir­mar uma coi­sa afir­mar uma coi­sa e pro­var.

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=1592688
Gabi 1 1 19
many thanks!
Much clear for me now!
Breckenfeld 3 15 131
My suggestion:

To talk the talk and walk the walk.

Bye!
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Breckie, ahem... forum users want an example sentence, a single one at least.
Breckenfeld 3 15 131
Márcio, as requested. I hope it will do.

After a decade of profligacy, the American people are tired of politicians who talk the talk but don’t walk the walk when it comes to fiscal responsibility,” the president also says in Saturday’s address. “It’s easy to get up in front of the cameras and rant against exploding deficits

Bye!
Gabi 1 1 19
Perhaps I'm wrong , but in my opinion there's a slight difference between "talk the talk and walk the walk" and
"kill the snake and show the stick".
Talk the talk and walk the walk is more when you practice what you preach. You don't simply tell what should be done, but you in fact do it. Like ,when actions speak louder than words.
While "kill the snake and show the stick" is do something and then proof that you were right doing whatever it has had to be done.
Isn't it?
G'day folks ...

"Once you kill a cow, you gotta make a burger"

cheers..
Algumas versões aproximadas seriam:
That´s what I am talking about or that´s what he is talking about.
That´s the way
Em se tratando de caso jurídico depois de todas evidencias apresentadas; pode se dizer: " I rest my case".