Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentines day!!! Valentines day was named after Saint Valentine who was sent to prison for providing secret marriage ceremonies for soldiers. By the 15th century, Valentines day became a day when lovers exchanged flowers, chocolates, and cards (better known as 'Valentines').

When I think back on how I've spent Valentine's day in the past, I would have to say that my favorite Valentine's day was when I worked for a friend's flower shop. I worked for her shop for just one day and it was really a memorable experience. I remember helping the customers pick out flowers and then I wrapped them in paper and tried to make them look beautiful. I had so much fun doing this and I really appreciated seeing the smile on everyone's face as they prepared to surprise their girlfriend or wife with the flowers.

My feeling about Valentine's day is that it is far too commercialized (as are many holidays around the world). We call it a 'Hallmark' holiday in the U.S. which is a holiday where the stores profit because you go and buy flowers, candy, gifts, chocolate, and whatever merchandise is advertised to celebrate the holiday.

Why not remind those you love and care about on MORE than just one day per year? In my opinion, ANY day can be a 'Valentine's' day.

Your sweetheart can be surprised by flowers or chocolates, or just words of kindness on any day of the year. You can tell those you care about how much they mean to you and celebrate love any time.

So, if you haven't done so already, go and tell those you love how much they mean to you! Tell them, "Happy Valentine's Day!"

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
1 resposta
É comum os meninos trocarem cartões de Valentine's day(como amigos)? ou é só entre menino e menina