Como dizer "Levado a fazer" em inglês

"Eu não tive alternativa, fui levado a fazer esta escolha"

"Não que eu quisesse, mas fui levado a tomar esta dura decisão"

I was thinking of "induzir", but I'd like to know if there's other and more commonly used term. Thank you! :D

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
1 24 214
Pode, Flávia.

Com into:

"You've lured the guys into doing their own beds."
"The guys were lured into doing their own beds."
"They lured him into a trap and took him prisoner."
POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
11 221
I had no alternative. They made me do it/ I was made to do it.

I didn't mean to, but I was swayed to make this tough decision.
1 10 100
Pessoal,

Acabei de conhecer o verbo "to lure". Posso usar aqui?

"Eu não tive alternativa, fui levado a fazer esta escolha"
I had no options; I was lured to make this choice/to choose this.
6 49 1.3k
"Não que eu quisesse, mas fui levado a tomar esta dura decisão"

Well, context is everything...anyway, without much of it, these are some possibilities:

-(it´s) not that I wanted, I had to do it/it was my job (so don´t take it personally).

-I didn´t (personally) want to fire one or other employee, but I had to, it was one of HR unenviable job tasks. (one can improve it, anyone feel free to.)

-I wasn´t happy about (I felt bad, sort of) firing employees, but I had to, I was the HR director.

-I didn´t want to do that, but they talked me into doing it.

-I didn´t want to borrow my car to my brother-in-law, but my sister talked me into doing it. See, now the car is totaled!