Cursos de inglês 'Passou, pagou!'. Você já viu?

Olá pessoal. Acabei de fazer minha apresentação a poucos instantes, e pra quem ainda não viu, meu nome é Paulo, falo de Niterói RJ. Cheguei a tocar nesse assunto numa das páginas dos podcasts. Falei pro Alessandro que sabia que esse é um assunto um tanto espinhoso, mas importante de se encarar e debater abertamente. Em geral, as pessoas não falam desse assunto pra não ficar chato. Aqui nós podemos falar sem nos expor tanto e nem aos cursos em si. Inclusive falei que isso merecia um podcast falando a respeito.

Acredito que muitos aqui, que já passaram por mais de um curso, já devem ter vivenciado essa situação. O famoso 'Pagou, passou'. Alunos com pouca base vão passando de nível no curso, e como resultado, as aulas 'avançadas' vão nivelando-se pra baixo e não rendem o que deveriam. Com o fim de mais um período, estou pensando seriamente em mudar de unidade ou mesmo de curso. Embora o aprendizado de um idioma seja algo muito individual, não dá pra negar o fator 'ambiente' na sala de aula. Não tô dizendo que eu sou 'o cara' :mrgreen: na minha turma, mas além da maioria estar mais pra nível básico, ainda ficam perturbando a aula, e hoje em dia, os professores parecem ficar de mãos atadas (não sei se antigamente era diferente... :?: ). Sinto que estarei jogando dinheiro fora se continuar nessa mesma turma (não há opção diferente nessa unidade). Sei que os cursos fazem isso com medo de perder alunos, mas....

Alguém já passou por isso? E pode indicar um curso em que isso NÃO aconteça? Me refiro a praga da 'aprovação automática'...não é possível que todos os cursos sigam essa lógica.

APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
9 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
6 49 1.3k
I´m trying to write in English, I think it´s a good idea.

TheFact is, I can´t see other solution. I might go to other course.

There´s no guarantee that it will not happen in other course, but I have to trying.
There´s no guarantee that it won´t (will not) happen again. [not a correction here, just another way of saying it.]

I´d love to know a good course (suggestions?). I think it´s ok to mention the GOOD courses, don´t you think?
I´d love to know good English schools (not to repeat "course", time and again). As for such good schools, I have no idea, since the only one I attended (ever) was back in 2005 or so (so much time...). By the way, it doesn´t exist anymore, it was bought by some conglomerate (I learned that afterwards). That´s why I can´t say which is good, and if I did so, I would risk being biased and going for second-hand opinions.
So, others participants certainly will provide us that information. And I will be glad to know, since this will be useful to others as well.

Parece que não há uma opção 'editar' no fórum, ou pelo menos eu não tô achando...
There is the option "editar", but it works when you are within the Forum, once you leave it and you don´t come back for some time you aren´t allowed to edit any longer.

Se houver algum outro erro no meu post, peço pra qualquer colega me apontar por favor o erro e agradeço de antemão. Acho que vai ser bom postar aqui em inglês, ainda que com erros.
Yes, firstly I had seen you spelling "english", English is always with capital E. Wether you talk about the "English" a citizen, or "English" the language.

Yet, I wouldn´t correct you being "at request", you were at your third post and I didn´t know which would your reaction, if you would shy away or be edgy to express yourself afterwards. Now I know you are willingly to learn, so the corrections are coming.

And yep, some learning comes from mistakes, so you got the right attitude. Welcome to the EE Forum!
COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
6 49 1.3k
Here some of my views.

http://www.sk.com.br/forum/display_mess ... e_id=81525
http://www.sk.com.br/forum/display_mess ... _id=101628
http://www.sk.com.br/forum/display_mess ... e_id=78251
http://www.sk.com.br/forum/display_mess ... e_id=71486

Well, I think if you dream you can achieve (where there´s a will, there´s a way), and if you feel your English course is more focused on the commercial side, that is, it doesn´t respect your level and your pace...well, I think you should vote with your feet! there are plenty of teachers, courses and tutors out there...

Anyway, many courses do have some lazybone students that don´t do their bit, they go to the classes and just sit their asses in the chairs, monkeying around and talking their heads off. Then they complaint about not learning the topics, or lagging behind. The ones that let their books gathering dust when they come home, don´t use a bit of English at all, wether spoken or written and think they are fooling their parents, friends and teachers.
In the end they are fooling themselves, since they are paying the so-called "diploma/certificate mills" and not interested in learning.
There are always two sides of eacher story, and both sides on that one (teachers and students) must to carry their weight.

By the way, I took an English course once, my first and only up to now. I had good teachers there, and fellow learners that
complained and were against "using English extensively" at the class. Well, many of them (the majority) didn´t know much of English, I must say. A group hard-pressed to get a certificate that were supposedly their ticket to a better wage, a promotion, a way of "tirar onda" brag themselves to friends, what you have. Just a few were interested in English for the English itself, sadly, I have to say.

Thanks for creating the topic.
6 49 1.3k
By the way, I am against automatic promotion in any kind of course, except in the first grades maybe. Just taking in account the fact of kids stressing so early. Even so, it´s a good thing the "pending" subjects to the next year (at the maximum three subjects).

Anyway, this should lit the warning red light, it should be a temporary device. If a kid lagged in this way twice, or a sizeable group went "pending", it should be high time to parents, teachers and other professionals enter in play (psychologists, doctors, statisticians etc). This, in a perfect world, of course. Where in the world you see statisticians in the payroll of state Secretaries of Education? But it should have, in my thinking.

To me automatic promotion, in a nutshell, is a deterrent. When you turn into adult life, you have to show your skills at entrance exams, and at work. And then, they do separate the wheat from the chaff. They want the better, don´t they?

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/01/31/us/au ... rrent.html
Ppaulo, good points. I see you understand what I mean. You had the same experience that I´ve had and, possibly, many of users here (I´m trying to write in english, I think it´s a good idea, but I´d appreciate some correction in my possible errors, mistakes or whatever :mrgreen: ).

The fact is, I can´t see other solution. I might go to other course. There´s no guarantee that it will not happen in other course, but I have to trying. I´d love to know a good course (suggestions?). I think it´s ok to mention the GOOD courses, don´t you think?
Parece que não há uma opção 'editar' no fórum, ou pelo menos eu não tô achando....então já aproveito pra fazer uma correção aqui:

Ao invés de "but I have to trying"
"but I have to try"

Se houver algum outro erro no meu post, peço pra qualquer colega me apontar por favor o erro e agradeço de antemão. Acho que vai ser bom postar aqui em inglês, ainda que com erros.
POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
Ppaulo, obrigado pelas correções. Acho que assim, aos poucos, vou tentando escrever mais em inglês aqui.

Em relação aos cursos, vou procurar saber os preços do Brasas (que tem tanto fama de bom curso como de careiro....), ou do meu próprio curso em outro bairro, vizinho ao meu. A vantagem é que neste, tem intensivo todos os dias, que sempre foi a minha 1ª intenção.

Alguém aqui estuda no Brasas e pode falar algo a respeito? Dentro da 'ética' e essa coisa toda, se houver algo negativo e não quiser expor....entenderei.
6 49 1.3k
I don´t know much about courses, I am, in a way completely out of the system. So any opinion I would give would perhaps be biased or second-hand (by hearsay etc).

Anyway, there are many of us here that are taking English courses, they will give it a stab on the matter.

I think you are on the right path, you really want to learn English, you will get there one way or the other, eventually. No matter how much time it takes, no matter the method or school. Count on us to learn togheter and wish you good luck on the task.

Feel at ease to bring your pieces of texts, that´s a thought!
Uau, a quanto tempo....

Bem, dois anos se passaram desde a última postagem....vou dar uma atualizada aqui: corrigi o problema mudando de unidade. Dei um pouco de sorte e peguei uma turma mais focada e interessada. Este é meu último semestre.

Ainda assim, sinto que não tenho a fluência que gostaria. Tem muitos altos e baixos, dependendo do assunto que a conversa tem. Acho que mesmo assim, devo tentar complementar com outro curso, porém fazendo nivelamento. Agora o CNA está usando o FCE, teste de Cambridge, e acho que a maioria da minha turma, ainda que melhor que a anterior, deve se sair só razoável nessa prova....mas tá em tempo pra melhorar pra prova pelo menos. Temos o site do FCE e dá pra ter uma noção só por ele. De resto, continuo do mesmo jeito: tentando melhorar através de multimídia em geral, só que agora com mais gramática.

Reparei que o Alessandro postou um tópico sobre CNA. Devo postar mais frequentemente agora nesse final de curso.
6 49 1.3k
Welcome back, yeah, long time no see!
Feel free to share your experiences and post your messages, anytime. Good luck on your studies, and count on us if you ever need some clarifying on English things.
And, glad that you found more commited classmates and for your freshly found motivation to communicate with others.