Como dizer "O serviço funcionará de segunda..." em inglês

11 221
Não há necessidade de vir muitas pessoas nos primeiros dias, porque o nosso serviço funcionará de segunda a senta durante o prazo de 8 meses, que o suficiente para atender esta população local.

Se der, por favor, traduzir a frase acima. Obrigado.

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
6 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
3 15 131
My suggestion:

There is no need for hurry on the first days. Our service will be available from Monday through Friday
during eight months. Enough time for the local population to be attended to.

Bye!
TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
6 49 1.3k
It´s a kick-off, a draft, subject to improvements by more advanced learners, teachers, English natives etc.

There´s no need to come on/to rush on the first days , we set up an Online Service Department/Center/Support that will eliminate the long lines at the office/at the branch. Our (Customer) Service works Monday 8 AM to Friday 5 PM [4am - 11pm etc]. And not on national public holidays (just as an example here). Time enough to meet the expected demand (from/in the region/area etc).

There´s no need to come on/to rush on the first days , with the brand-new Online Service Department/Center/Support it will eliminate the long lines at the office/at the branch. It will work Monday 8 AM to Friday 5 PM [4am - 11pm etc]. Including on national public holidays. It will be available for until 8 months from now. Time enough to meet the expected demand.
3 18 190
One more suggestion:

Não há necessidade de vir muitas pessoas nos primeiros dias, porque o nosso serviço funcionará de segunda a senta durante o prazo de 8 meses, que o suficiente para atender esta população local.

There is no need to hurry in right on the first few days because our service will be operating from Monday to Friday for a period of eight months, or enough time to look after the entire local popultion.
6 49 1.3k
"or" enough time to look after the entire local population.

I agree with the above statemente, with a caveat, though. The "or'' part, means that the period the service will be available will be either for eight months or the time enough to the entire population´s demand be meet. ;) That is, if the entire population is not served in eight months, say, if it takes three times that time or more...! :shock:
Don´t seems like the schedule is supposed to be that elastic...
3 18 190
This is a case where "or" means "in other words" (or "that is", just as you used it in your post). I don't see it as a case of "either-or".
CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
6 49 1.3k
I consulted a native, in another Forum, and published only the English version (so would get a neutral advice) and here is what I got:

'or' in that sentence means this: If the entire population is served in 4, 5, or 6 months, the service shuts down. Alternatively, if serving the entire population takes 8, 9, 10, or 11 months, the service will remain open until the last person walks out the door. If you use any one of these:

a) ---the service will be available for a period of 8 months, IN OTHER WORDS, enough time to take care of the whole population. (This implies that 8 months is necessary and sufficient to take care of the entire population ----- period!)

b) ---the service will be available for a period of 8 months, THAT IS, enough time to take care of the whole population. (This also implies that 8 months is necessary and sufficient to take care of the entire population ------ full stop!)

"in other words" and "that is" are simply clarifying or reinforcing what came before.

------------
That is, he clarified to me what the OR part meant (perhaps he thought I had not understood what you wanted to say), then he gave those two alternatives I found accurate.

PS. His English is British, anyway, on this subject I think the above would do in American English as well. ;)