Como dizer "Estar com 17 para 18 anos" em inglês

Como traduzir:

Ex:

Ele vai estar com 17 para 18 anos em 2015.
Em abril de 2014 ele vai estar com 20 para 21 anos de idade.

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
7 62 296
In 2015 he is going to be 17 going on 18.
In April of 2014 he will be 20 going on 21.
TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
Acho que as frases abaixo dão conta do recado.

"He is turning/will be turning 18 in 2015."
"He is turning/will be turning 21 in April 2014."
9 65 608
Isso me lembrou de uma música do filme "A Noviça Rebelde" (The Sound Of Music):

Sixteen Going On Seventeen
(Rodgers and Hammerstein)

Rolf:
You are sixteen going on seventeen
Baby, it's time to think
Better beware, be canny and careful
Baby, you're on the brink

You are sixteen going on seventeen
Fellows will fall in line
Eager young lads and rogues and cads
Will offer you food and wine

Totally unprepared are you
To face a world of men
Timid and shy and scared are you
Of things beyond your ken

You need someone older an wiser
Telling you what to do
I am seventeen going on eighteen
I'll take care of you

http://www.metrolyrics.com/sixteen-goin ... music.html
2 8 111
"Ele vai estar com 17 para 18 anos" Significa que ele vai estar aproximadamente com 17 ou 18 anos.

He is going to be about 17 or 18 years old.
7 62 296
She is 16 going on 17.

What does it mean? Per the context, it can mean many things. It means she is not 17 yet, but she is almost 17. It means she wants to be thought of as older than her true age. I have an "honorary niece", the daughter of a friend, who "is 12 going on 35." By that I mean she is only 12 years old, but she wants people to believe she has the wisdom and maturity of a woman 35 years of age. (Another way to say this is "She is 12 but thinks she is 35.") Almost without exception you hear the phrase "going on..." in reference to children or very young adults. You will probably NEVER hear of someone "...21 years old going on 22." I think I can going to start a new trend. Beginning tomorrow I will tell people I am 70 going on 18. LOL