Como dizer "Sentir uma pontada" em inglês

TheBigSpire 1 11 33
Hey folks!

"Sentir uma pontada" = To feel a twinge

Seja para dor física ou para sentimentos/emoções.

Inside the long, narrow Duveen Gallery I felt an immediate twinge of pain. (artknowledgenews.com)

Bolt went out for a jog, jumped a puddle, and felt a twinge in an Achilles tendon. (al.com)

She rested a hand on Bill's shoulder to steady herself as she pointed to something in the middle of the page, and William felt a twinge of envy. (darcymania.com)

It's a pain I recognize with a twinge, thinking back to my own adolescent years. (npr.org)

Cheers fellas!

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
1 resposta
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
It could be also breast/chest pang, when it is about angina or some cardiac problems, or even as a result of some kind of stress.
To feel a sharp pain or pang, could be said in a general way. And to talk about headaches, is common the use of some more flowery terms; people may talk about episodes of stabbing "ice pick pain" or "jabs and jolts", a sudden "stabbing pain in the head" etc.