Como dizer "Estou chapado" em inglês

Como que é a palavra "chapado/chapada" em ingles?
de ficar chapado com drogas, etc..
É só curiosidade mesmo!!

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
11 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
Chapado = high, wasted, ripped, stoned etc.

These are some of the terms I can remember, but I'm sure you will hear others. I hope that helps.
COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
6 71
Sugestões.

Ex: Hammered, Sloshed, sh*t faced.
6 14 102
Em adição aos já mencionados: (to be) baked, (to be) in the bag, (to be) flying, (to be) as high as a kite.

Exemplos:

_ I am so baked. (Eric, do seriado That 70's Show, após consumir maconha).

_ That dog is flying! (Steven, do mesmo seriado, quando um cachorro estava no mesmo cômodo em que eles usavam drogas).

_ [...] aren't you mad at yourself for taking advice from someone who was half in the bag at the time? (Karen Walker, de Will & Grace, criticando Grace por ouvir os conselhos meio drogados dela).

_ Red is as high as a kite? (Donna, também de That 70's Show, após descobrir que Red comeu 'brownies especiais' e está drogado).

Usei exemplos de seriados a que eu já assisti, porque em livros não há muita referência ao uso de entorpecentes.

Cheers!
3 10 50
I heard another one this week.

Over the hump.
6 49 1.3k
I'm having a trip/I am doped/I am stoned...
Ref. independent.co

"Look at this..." A man staggered inside, tried to click his heels and missed. "I am having a trip, " he said in a thick German accent, "and I demand to be taken off it!"

(many would say, it's so 60's...), but then, if it's any indication, the word is much used in the Urban Dictionary.)

I'm getting high/I am high could be used too.

Of course, must have plenty of other ways to say that, since these kind of "lingo" changes all the time. Nobody wants to be taken to the clink! Let alone be a guest for some time in those bread and breakfast!
Ref. webmd

Urban Dictionary - there are several entries, just use "trip" and "urban dictionary" on Google search. Then is just to click on some hits.
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
Qual o mais comum no inglês britânico?
6 49 1.3k
In British English (speaking of drunkness) could be "pissed", legless (como a gente diz trocando as pernas)/out of it/sloshed/wasted/tipsy/hammered /smashed/plastered/on the lash, etc. And all the time people come up with some new one...
And what about high of weed? Could I use one of those too?
6 49 1.3k
(to be) Doped up would do, as far as I know. Stone can also be used to talk about being under drug influence, but I don't know if it encompasses the weed effect as well.
My knowledge isn't that good when it comes the British English. It just scrapes the surface. Plus, slang changes with time.
Thanks, paulo! You helped a lot :)
6 49 1.3k
Glad that I could be of help. ;-)