Como dizer "ser passado para trás" em inglês

2 4 41
The sentence would be this: Éramos próximos, e eu sinto que eu fui passado para trás.
is that correct?
" We were close and I feel like I was scamed"
is there another options to say that?

POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
12 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
6 49 1.3k
I like it, Donay. Good job! I´ll take it to my little notebook. ;)

Meaning: "when someone gets tricked, cheated or decieved, we say that they have been had."

Further reading.
http://www.ecenglish.com/learnenglish/l ... e-been-had
APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
Hello there :)

Alexandre,

I don't see any problem in saying "scammed", although you could also have said "They passed me behind", since in this context the person seemed to be in a line.

Regards.
Caio.
1 24 214
Sugestão/complemento:

"I got shafted" (Fui passado para trás)
Alexandre,

I am sorry, I skimmed your text.

- Éramos os próximos, e eu sinto que eu fui passado para trás.

Because of that portuguese article "os" I assumed it was a line, but there isn't an article like that in your original sentence.

So, now I guess what you meant was the feeling of being robbed and losing something, you could use "rip off"

"We were close and I feel like I was ripped off".

Regards,
Caio.
3 15 131
My suggestions:

To be taken advantage of.

To be taken in.

Bye!
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
2 4 41
I'd like to thank you all for helping. But this sentence is about friendship. They were close friends
thank you, see you.
6 49 1.3k
They were really close friends, until A was deceived, lied, cheaten by B.

A and B were really close friends, until B done him (done A) wrong, by not playing fair, by deceiving/lying/conning/cheating his friend. With friends like these you don´t need enemies! A don´t trust B anymore.
23 127 1.7k
Uma opção:

I've been had.
Eu fui passado para trás.

Comum em AmE e BrE.

Bons estudos.
2 4 41
hi everyone, I think this is the option I was looking for: " we were close and I feel like I was bamboozled "
cortesy of my friend jorgeluiz
thank you very much, pal
6 49 1.3k
Good one! also:

"We were close and I feel like I was duped/hoodwinked" etc...
2 16
O phrasal verb: cheat out não poderia ser encaixado nesse contexto, em ser enganado por alguém ?

eu teria usado o cheat out caso não soubesse nenhuma outra opção, será que iriam entender o meu ponto?

Obrigado.
6 49 1.3k
It might or might not, dependind of what the meaning you want.

Generally, unless I am mistaken, "cheat out" suggests that you have some valuable goods, inheritance, money, valuables, to be scammed by somebody else, or vice versa. Whereas the previous words are used in a more general fashion.

At times, the two meanings can be use interchangeably or intersect.
One could have been deceived/fooled by a friend that gained his trust and betrayed him, at the same time, cheated him out of something he had.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/cheat+out+of

cheat someone out of something
to get something from someone by deception.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/diction ... out-of-sth

She claimed that her cousin had cheated her out of her inheritance.

http://dictionary.reverso.net/english-c ... me%20money
3 verb If someone cheats you out of something, they get it from you by behaving dishonestly.
The company engaged in a deliberate effort to cheat them out of their pensions...