Como dizer "Solta o freio de mão(agilizar)" em inglês

Tem gente que nunca agiliza em nada no que faz daí a expressão solta o freio/breque de mão no sentido de agilizar algo.

Ex:

Mano solta o breque de mão para esse churrasco sair logo.
Você pode agilizar para mim toda essa papelada?
Você precisa soltar o freio de mão porque você é muito lerdo.

Freio de carro.

Puxa o freio de mão quando você estaciona o carro ao sair você solta o freio de mão.

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
10 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
9 65 608
More suggestions:

Get moving

Mano solta o breque de mão para esse churrasco sair logo.
Bro, get moving with this barbecue to get it done.
Also
Get the BBQ going.

When you want to rush the fire in a barbecue, you can also say "stoke up":
Stoke up the barbecue!
Stoke up the BBQ and get cooking.

Could you get moving on all this paperwork?

Você precisa soltar o freio de mão porque você é muito lerdo.
You've got to get moving, you're too slow!

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/get+moving
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
6 49 1.3k
Could you speed up a little? I need to get to the airport the soonest.
(você não pediu, mas...tipo "pode tirar o pé do freio?")

Could/will you speed-up the process?
(here you and the guy know that you are talking about some paperwork you have done)
Could you speed-up the solving of this/my paperwork?

Could and will without a please in the sentence rings a certain impacience, or that you are doing a favour not asking. Adding a "please" to it you will seem way more polite. ;)

Could you speed-up the solving of my paperwork, please? I need so badly this job!
Hello, here are some suggestions

- Get the lead out, man! This barbecue is taking forever.

--> you can also say GET A MOVE ON - SHAKE A LEG

* Agilizar em sua segunda frase me parece CUIDAR - EXECUTAR UM TRABALHO

- Can you work through this paperwork for me?

- You're too slow. You have to WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE.

One thing we need to learn is most of the times WE DO NOT TRANSLATE WORDS we 'translate/interpret' IDEAS/MESSAGES.
The structure does not need to be same in Portuguese and in English.

I hope I have helped!

See you
6 49 1.3k
Thanks for your nice answer. It really helps.
And I think you perhaps meant "most of the time"? as you said, sometimes Portuguese gets in the way, I myself got that expression in the plural form a zillion of times before, until I found the following link. ;)

http://www.urch.com/forums/toefl-gramma ... -most.html
Minhas traduções para meus exemplos ,o que vocês acham?

Dude, streamline for this barbecue is ready.
Can you expedite for me all this paperwork?
You need to speed up because you are too slow.

Referente a carro.

Pull the hand brake when you park the car when you leave you loose the hand brake.
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
6 49 1.3k
Can you expedite for me all this paperwork?
To me sounds like it could be, in a more formal circumstance.
If the examples from the Free Dictionary are http://www.thefreedictionary.com/expedite something to go by (anyway I am not a thousand percent sure) :P

The rest, for the time being, I´ll leave to the others experts. :)
Telma mas o que eu escrevi relativo a carro e os meus ouros jeitos estão errados?
6 49 1.3k
"Pull/use the hand brake when you park the car when you leave you loose the hand brake."

Yes, it´s okay, I just wouldn´t use the "loose", but "release/disengage" word.

(not forgetting to press the button (at the end of it) to release, many people forget that and hear a crunch sound, too bad! it harm the parking break -also called "emergengy break"- in the long run.)

Always use/apply/engage the parking break, it is there for a reason.

When you are about to leave, disengage/release it.

=======
If you have parked on an incline/hill and isn´t confident enough, for extra you may leave your car in gear.
Not if you are forgetful, please, or else you may hit something ahead or behind (if in reverse gear.)

Well, I am not speaking of automatic cars, they have other kind of brake parts and use.
That´s more, there are the ones pros and cons when it comes to the issue of leaving the car in gear.

You can see such a discussion here:
http://ask.metafilter.com/129712/Do-I-n ... ansmission
PPAULO, thanks bro.
Yes, most of the time ...I don't think it's Portuguese that gets in the way, but rather exhaustion.
One thing we need to learn is most of the times WE DO NOT TRANSLATE WORDS we 'translate/interpret' IDEAS/MESSAGES.
The structure does not need to be same in Portuguese and in English.

*most of the time

By the way - get a move on = get moving (to hurry) - Funny how we got a lot of expressions here, but we forgot to use the most common verb to be used in this case TO HURRY :)

Anyway, just wanted to add that to this post.

Thanks a lot for the help PPAULO. :)
6 49 1.3k
It´s my pleasure to help out others, buddy.
Everyone makes mistakes when is a bit tired, I also have made a lot of them, it´s what they call haste makes waste. But, believe me, you are an asset here, plenty of very good and insightful answers have come from you. Consider that message just as a teamwork thing.;)