Push myself: como utilizar

Push myself: como utilizar
Hey people,

I have a question: Push myself.

If I have an obstacle or a hard task to be done, and I know it demands a lot of effort to be wrapped up, can I say something like:

- I know it's hard hard, but If I push myself, I can make it!
- It´s really an exhaustive job, I'm always pushing myself to get all the tasks done.

É um 'phrasal verb' que ouço constantemente e gostaria de saber se elas se colocam bem neste contexto acima, com o sentido de 'me esforço muito', 'dando o meu melhor'.

Por favor, sintam-se livres para mostrar outras colocações ou mesmo diferentes expressões para o mesmo significado.

Thanks in advance,

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
1 resposta
  Resposta mais votada
4 19 70
Hello there,

I suppose you can use it as you said even though I would rather use: to work hard.

- If I work hard, I'll make it.

To push myself: challenge myself to go farther than I think I can go.

Examples:

- When I was in college I was constantly pushing myself. I made straight A’s.

- I always try to push myself at the gym. When I am about to drop from doing so many sit-ups, I’ll force myself to do 10 more.

- Life’s too short not to push myself. I have a lot I want to accomplish, and it’s not going to get done while I sit in front of the TV.

Ref. englishbaby

That's it,
See ya!