Como dizer "Relíquia" em inglês

Daniel Reis 2 16
Contexto: Aquele seu video game atari é realmente uma reliquia.

Obrigado.

APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
gabrielock 1 15
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter e as Relíquias da Morte)
No entanto, "hallow" não significa "relíquias".
A frase ficaria: "That your atari video game is an actual relic/survival." or "That your atari video game is actually a relic." (I'm not sure about this one. I'll wait to others' answers.
The term "survival" refers to all the new technology that has been developed and is surronding us nowadays, but this one piece has made through it and stills being used or even preserved after all these years.
Hope it helps.
Cinnamon 16 60 498
Yep, gabrielock is absolutely right.

Relic: an object, a tradition, a system, etc. that has survived from the past.

Our transportation system is a relic from the past.
Videotapes may already seem like relics of a bygone era.
source: Oxford Dictionary

Just some curiosities:
- If the relic belongs to the same family for generations it can be either a relic and a "heirloom"; ;)
- Some religious relics are parts of bodies (both human an animal); :?
- In the title of the blockbuster Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, when translated into Portuguese they preferred another name (não é versão, foi feito por questões comerciais como é comum em filmes):
Hallow = insígnia - a word uncommon both in English and Portuguese. They used "Relic | Relíquia", but if you are a film buff and like Harry Potter like I do, the name "relíquia" does not fit. It is out of place from my point of view.
By the way who the hell is that translator / inerpreter, I don't like her at all. The writer J.K. seems to like her though. :evil:
:mrgreen: