Como dizer "Cada um sabe onde o sapato aperta" em inglês

Daniel Reis 2 16
Contexto: Ela poderia ter arriscado e ter ido para o premio de 50 mil reais, mas decidiu parar com 20 mil reais, porque cada um sabe onde o sapato aperta.

Essa expressão esta relacionada as necessidades de uma pessoa.

Existe algo similar em inglês?

Obrigado

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
gabrielock 1 15
"Only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches"
No one except he who is experiencing it knows the cause of a trouble or difficulty. His behaviour is not understood by other because they are unaware of the motive behind it.
I'm not so sure about this one translation, as I couldn't find any example, but after reading and understanding the expression in Portuguese, I think it might be correct to assimilate them two with the same meaning.

Hope it helps. cheers
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
The above is rather commom, I also like the way the Indian guy used it (I mean, his creativity, the thinking out the box - he kinda surprised me, and certainly his audience.) Quite original.

The wearer knows where the shoe pinches. So you talk to the people who are facing the problem and they will tell you ‘Sir, this is the problem.’