Como dizer "da melhor forma (maneira) possível" em inglês

Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Olá Pessoal,

1. We'll try to sort it out as best we can. (Iremos tentar resolver da melhor forma possível.)
2. Deal with the problem as best you can.(Lidar com o problema da melhor forma possível.)

Bons estudos. Compartilhe.

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
11 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Complemento:

As best as you can (AmE):

- Try to solve the problem as best as you can. - Books Google
- Tente resolver o problema da melhor forma possível.

- Take care of yourself – try to limit the amount of stress in your life as best as you can and take at least a few minutes each day alone to relax.

- So being able to have this opportunity with SNL and the film, I'm gonna do what I' m supposed to do, and enjoy doing it, and do it as best as I can [ da melhor forma possível].
I was studying and I had a question about the use of "as well as possible". Is it the same thing of "as best as possible" or one of them is the right one?
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I think of "best" as "melhor" and "well" as "bem".
Hence, the best is the best, similar to "one do his best!" (alguém faz o melhor que pode!), o melhor ao seu alcance.
The "as best as you can" that was already stated here.

"as well as possible" could be both: "tão bem quanto possível" or "da melhor maneira possível" (from my feeling this form, more so, when accompanied by some further information added to the sentence.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
My job is to keep you feeling as well as possible. (Meu trabalho é mantê-lo sentindo tão bem quanto possível.)

source:Linguee.
Notice that "as well as possible" is "isolated" (alone) here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[...] beyond my limits, I sustained my family, I behaved as well as possible, and even so I did not arrive where I wanted to?

[...] além dos meus limites, sustentei minha família, agi da melhor maneira possível, e mesmo assim não cheguei onde desejava?

source:Linguee.
Notice : there´s something more, so the sense seems like a slightly different one.

Anyway, sometimes the senses may intercept, I never say never. So you will get the hang of it, with time and practice.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Outra opção comum para se dizer "da melhor forma/maneira possível":

in the best possible way

- We plan to organize the conference in the best possible way. [Wordreference - USA]
- Nós pretendemos organizar a conferência da melhor maneira (forma) possível.

P.S. esta é a opção mais adequada para uma carta formal, por exemplo.

Bons estudos. Compartilhe a dica.
Thanks, Guys! I only didn't understand what is the structure rule behind "as well as possible"!
APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Uma pequena correção:

"[...] didn't understand what is the structure rule behind "as well as possible"!"

deveria ser:

"... understand what the structure rule behind "as well as possible" is!"

Em afirmações, o is, na esmagadora maioria das vezes, vai para o fim da frase.
Marcio_Farias escreveu:Uma pequena correção:

"[...] didn't understand what is the structure rule behind "as well as possible"!"

deveria ser:

"... understand what the structure rule behind "as well as possible" is!"

Em afirmações, o is, na esmagadora maioria das vezes, vai para o fim da frase.

Aproveitando o tópico, poderia dizer porque o is vai no final da frase em afirmações e também alguns outros exemplos disso para fixar melhor essa ideia?

Obrigado.
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Nas afirmações, o is vai para o final de frase porque assim o requer a gramática inglesa. (Na gramática portuguesa abusamos da colocação do verbo ser/estar.)

Alguns exemplos com what:

"I want to know what love is" (Se eu dissesse "... what is love" eu estaria fazendo uma pergunta (sem interrogação), além do que me pareceria gramaticalmente incorreto).
"Huguinho, Zezinho e Luisinho would like to know what this is for." (... what is this for só soaria certo numa pergunta).
"Zé wants to know what this contraption does." (... what does this contraption, numa afirmação, não soa certo.)
"We all see what that can do." (... , aqui, ficaria errado pelos mesmos motivos anteriores.)

Do the examples given help?
Marcio_Farias escreveu:Nas afirmações, o is vai para o final de frase porque assim o requer a gramática inglesa. (Na gramática portuguesa abusamos da colocação do verbo ser/estar.)

Alguns exemplos com what:

"I want to know what love is" (Se eu dissesse "... what is love" eu estaria fazendo uma pergunta (sem interrogação), além do que me pareceria gramaticalmente incorreto).
"Huguinho, Zezinho e Luisinho would like to know what this is for." (... what is this for só soaria certo numa pergunta).
"Zé wants to know what this contraption does." (... what does this contraption, numa afirmação, não soa certo.)
"We all see what that can do." (... , aqui, ficaria errado pelos mesmos motivos anteriores.)

Do the examples given help?

Ainda não entendi muito bem, embora o primeiro exemplo seja simples de entender '' I want to know what love is'', nesse caso é parecido com o português.

É confuso porque nunca sei quando devo colocar a proposição no final(somente com os WH?) e como seria o posicionamento da preposição se não fosse colocada no final da frase...
é claro que depois de um tempo de analisar a frase eu entendo mas isso deixa meu aprendizado muito lento, queria aprender isso de uma forma mais automatica...

Obrigado.
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Falamos de preposição? Bem, poderíamos ter "... for what this is", que me parece forma rara, embora pouco usual. Eu, particularmente, não a empregaria, tampouco o fariam os falantes nativos de inglês.

Uma busca aqui poderá ajudá-lo a entender melhor as preposições no fim das frases.
APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Hi there! Eu_genio.

a)
INFORMAL
Informal and formal English places a preposition at the end of a sentence. When a question word is the object of a preposition, the preposition most often occurs at the end of the sentence (or clause).

b)
FORMAL
Some speakers prefer the preposition to be placed before the WH- question word, at the beginning of the sentence (or clause). (Note that an intimate or personal question is unlikely to be phrased formally unless it is asked in a court of law.).

http://www.grammar-quizzes.com/preps-placement.html

=============
Then, there is the inversion (for effect of emphasis...)

In the English language, there are inversions that are part of its grammar structure and are quite common in their use. For instance, inversion always occurs in interrogative statements where verbs or auxiliaries or helping verbs are placed before their subjects. (as seen above...)

http://literarydevices.net/inversion/

... Similarly, inversion happens in typical exclamatory sentences where objects are placed before their verbs and subjects and preceded by a wh- word, such as the following examples of inversion:

What a beautiful picture it is!
Where in the world were you!
How wonderful the weather is today!

Hope it somehow helps!