Como dizer "Confundir uma coisa com outra" em inglês

Daniel Reis 2 16
Ex: Você confundiu esses dois gigantes do futebol brasileiro com aqueles times pequenos da europa, não acredito nisso!

Como dizer confundir uma coisa com outra coisa em inglês?

Valeus

POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
6 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Daniel, você pode dizer "get something mixed up" ou só "mix up something"por exemplo: You mixed up those two giants from Brazilian soccer with the small ones from Europe, I can't believe it!
ou You got the giants from Brazilian soccer mixed up with those from Europe, I can't believe it!
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
It´s also possible (in some given contexts):

You are comparing these two big Brazilian teams with those small/inexpressive clubs of Europe, you gotta be kidding!

You can´t compare these two big Brazilian teams with those some minor/small European clubs, they´re apples and oranges!
jorgeluiz 1 6 92
- 4. (foll by: for) to take (for), interpret (as), or confuse (with): she mistook his direct manner for honesty.

- 3. To regard or identify wrongly as something or someone else: I mistook her for the mayor.

- Mistake someone for or mistake something for= confundir um por outro

- The free Dictionary and thesaurus

Cheers !
Daniel Reis 2 16
Olá pessoal,

Queria saber se essa frase está correta: '' You have confused me with my brother - Você me confundiu com o seu irmão''.

E se, ''confuse sb/sm with'' é a mesma coisa de ''mistake sb/sm for'' ? Ou seja, posso usar ambos para, coisas e pessoas ?

Valeus
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Yup, "you have confused me with my brother" or saying the same thing in another way, "you are confusing me with my brother."
Same as "I think you are mixing me up with my brother."

Another possibility (slightly different in subtle ways, or context): "I am afraid you have confused me with my brother."
Source - http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/confuse

And also, you have mistaken me for my brother. (perhaps more used, and more usual, I think.)
POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
As for confuse vs mistaken, sometimes they are synonyms, sometimes not. With time, you will know how to differentiate between the two in a sentence or another.