Iniciando meu primeiro listening (Dificuldade)

Estou iniciando my first listening now. Porem estou me deparando com uma certa dificuldade para entender a fala dos nativos, pois eles falam muito rapido as palavras.

Eu lendo a transcrição e ouvindo eles falando eu consigo entender tudo, mas sem a transcrição eu estou entendo cerca de 30% so pois eles falam rapido emendando as palavras rapidamente, dando um pau na minha memoria pois estou acostumado a ouvir as palavras individualmente e nao todas juntas na frase rapidamente.

Então pensando nisso estou desenvolvendo minha propria tecnica que é dividir este listening, pegando tipo 4 frases e repetir ela varias e varias vezes, escrever no papel e falar tambem. Parece que esta funcionando vamos ver pois e so o meu inicio.

GOSTARIA DE SABER SE É ASSIM MESMO POIS AINDA ESTOU INICIANDO OU PRECISO MAIS POR EXEMPLO, PEGAR ESSAS PALAVRAS DO LISTENING E ESTUDA-LAS INDIVIDUALMENTE A FINCO PRA DECORA-LAS MELHOR, OU CONTINUAR NO LISTENING QUE COM FREQUENCIA VOU COMEÇAR A ENTENDER O CONTEXTO GERAL DA FRASE JA QUE AS PALAVRAS EU SEI MAS EMENDANDO ELAS TUDO JUNTO RAPIDAMENTE COMO UM NATIVO INGLES FALA PRA MIM FICA DIFICIL ENTENDER AGORA!

THANKS!!!

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
7 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
It will be a long but rewarding trip, guy. You never mentioned how you are doing the listening, if you are watching some video/clip/movie or some news/doc (youtube, for example) you can see the face of the speaker, his way of forming the words with their lips. It´s a first strategy (some teachers, after a while and in the exam day, don´t let their pupils to see the speaker´s face...)
Your four-word technique may work, with time you certainly will go for sentences, but it´s a beggining already.
At first it´s a bit difficult, but with time you get the hang of it.
Thanks by the answer, you helped me a lot with your words, I'll practice because was useful, thanks again!!!
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Glad that it helped.
Ah! and in the beggining try the speakers or musics, etc, in wich the speaker talks slower, or that you can identify his/her voice best (Avril Lavigne, to me, sings a bit fast sometimes but has a good diction, whereas Hugh Grant talks slow and I can´t make it...it happens.)
And ditch perfectionism, if you can´t understand something (after some effort, I mean), go to another clip/movie/music... Of course, there will be the case of accent, some New Yorker that I heard some time ago, spoke email in an "éméel" sound, in such cases you get accostumed with the speaker with time as well.
Anyway, at this point, use what works for you.
Hi Luciano!!
I'm practicing listening too and I'm using ESL.POD to do it. They have daily podcast and its very easy to understand even without a transcription.
There're dialogues that are played slowly, and there's an explanation and then they play it at normal speed.
I'm loving it and think you should try!! ;)
Hi, thanks I'll try a lot
CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
Segui a recomendação de vcs e estou fazendo listening com videos, com séries em especial. Tenho acompanhado duas series uma se chama "English Extra" e outra "NEw Headway" e dessa forma tenho evoluido bastante observando o contexto da historia da pra acompanhar o vocabulario e entender as palavras mais facilmente, o resultado é uma grande evolução, paulatina mas satisfatoria e como eu esperava!

Bons estudos!!!
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Yeah, the more you listen, the more your ears get used to the sounds of the words..and structures, since some ways of expressing things are a bit standard. For example, in movies you certainly will heard the expression "what´s going on?" or "what´s the hell is going on?"
In music, you will listen some abbreviations of sort, and sentences with "gonna/gotta" etc. Not to mention the fact that you can unwind a bit!

In TED, you can listen "presentations'' with descriptions of day-to-day events, in a more formal (but not in a too serious) way, and listening to news (as in sites the likes of VOA) you can listen news and description of events ''in-between" those styles (the anchors may be a bit serious, but the interviews may bring some guy with the talking of the streets).
There are countless possibilities available...