Difference between "time for" and "time to"

Hi.
Could someone please explain to me and give me some examples of the differences between "time for" and "time to"?

I don't have time to you.
I don't have time for you.

What's time to you?
What's time for you?

Thanks in advance.

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
gabrielock 1 15
In this example either ways are used, but the correct one would be "for you", as in English sometimes is not about being correct but related to the context or even the most common way of saying it depending to which area a person comes from.English speakers might also say "to you" (in the example given). I'm not a 100% sure abut this, you might want to wait for others' exlanations.
Redseahorse 4 36 579
TO
1 = para indicar lugar, pessoa ou coisa para onde alguem ou algo vá em direção, ou direção de alguma coisa (I am heading to the entrance of the building);
2 = para indicar limite ou ponto final (The stock prices rose up to 100 dollars);
3 = para indicar relação (My answer to your question is in this envelop);
4 = para indicar um tempo ou período (It is now 10 to five)

FOR
1 = para indicar o uso de algo (I baked a cake for your birthday);
2 = para indicar a razão, motivo pelo qual (We feel deeply sorry for your loss);
3 = para indicar tempo ou duração (He’s been famous for many decades).

Penso que em ambas as opções de frases dadas por vc, a preposição FOR é a mais indicada, na 1ª por indicar razão/motivo e, na 2ª por indicar o uso de algo (o que vc faz com o tempo)!

e...

vai pela sombra !
gabrielock 1 15
Read the text for me = I don't want to read it, I want you to read to it in my place
Read the text to me = I wan't to know what the text is talking about, so read to me out loud.