Como dizer "Estamos longe de dizer" em inglês

Olá pessoal.

Eu estava quebrando a cabeça para escrever uma frase assim:
"Estamos longe de dizer que o custo de vida aqui no Brasil é bom".

Obrigado a todos,

Emerson

TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
1 15
sugestão:
We are a long way off being able to say that the living costs in Brazil are affordable.
ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
6 49 1.3k
Also:

We are far from saying that the cost of living in Brazil is low.
(to be honest, perhaps many of us are far from even getting by comfortably.)

And nice spotless sentence, Gabrielock! you are the man!
7 62 297
also:

Far be it from us to say that.....
far be it from me
Also found in: Dictionary/thesaurus, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.

far be it from me (to do something)

it is not really my place to do something. (Always followed by but, as in the example.) Far be it from me to tell you what to do, but I think you should buy the book.

See also: far

McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.

far be it from me to do something

something that you say when you are giving advice or criticizing someone and you want to seem polite Far be it from me to tell you what to do, but don't you think you should apologize?

See also: far

Cambridge Idioms Dictionary, 2nd ed. Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2006. Reproduced with permission.
6 49 1.3k
In Portuguese it gets a slightly more personal connotation, Thomas.
Say, a more personal opinion, to us it would be translated into "longe de mim dizer que ..."
It´s only slightly different, but related to the topic anyway; thanks for sharing.