Correção de frases: entrando em uma dieta

Hi people, here is a exercise I made from my book, I hope you can point out my mistakes:
If you go on a diet, you may have to cut things you like to eat (Se você começar uma dieta, , você pode ter que cortar coisas que gosta de comer).
If you cut things you like to eat, you my feel down sometimes. (Se você cortar coisas que você gosta de comer, você pode se sentir triste algumas vezes).
If you feel down sometimes, you may eat again the things you had cut from your diet. (Se vc se sentir triste algumas vezes, pode voltar a comer as coisas que você tinha cortado da sua dieta).
If you do so, you ill gain weight again. (Se fizer isso você ganhará peso novamente)
If you gain weight again, it means you failed on your diet. (Se você ganhar peso novamente, isso quer dizer que sua dieta foi por água abaixo.)
Thank you in advance guys!

POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
7 62 296
If you go on a diet, you may have to cut (cut out) things you like to eat (Se você começar uma dieta, , você pode ter que cortar coisas que gosta de comer).
If you cut (cut out) things you like to eat, you my (may) feel down sometimes. (Se você cortar coisas que você gosta de comer, você pode se sentir triste algumas vezes).
If you feel down sometimes, you may eat again the things you had cut from your diet. (Se vc se sentir triste algumas vezes, pode voltar a comer as coisas que você tinha cortado da sua dieta).
If you do so, you ill (will) gain weight again. (Se fizer isso você ganhará peso novamente)
If you gain weight again, it means you failed on your diet. (Se você ganhar peso novamente, isso quer dizer que sua dieta foi por água abaixo.)

You did a great job! Congratulations!

Let's talk about "to cut" and "to cut out". "To cut" is easy. We cut with a knife, scissors, etc. "To cut out" has a different meaning. It means "to remove". If you cut Coca Cola from your diet, it may sound as if you cut Coca Cola with a knife or razor. However, if you cut out Coca Cola or cut Coca Cola out, it is clear that Coca Cola has been removed from your diet, that you no longer drink it. If you cut out an article from the newspaper, you have used scissors or maybe a knife to cut around the article so that you can take it school to show your teacher. If you have to cut out going to your French classes, you have to stop going because you have removed them from your schedule. Do you see how "out" makes the sentences clearer, easier to understand?

Another meaning: stop. I told him to stop bothering his sister. I told him to cut it out. (I told him to stop. I told him to knock it off.)
CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
1 15
Suggestions:
If you (ever) go on a diet, you might have to cut things (that) you like to eat/eating (Se você começar uma dieta, , você pode ter que cortar coisas que gosta de comer).
If the event or situation referred to did not in fact occur, it's better to use might have (http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/words/may-or-might)

If you cut things (that) you like to eat/eating, you may feel down sometimes. (Se você cortar coisas que você gosta de comer, você pode se sentir triste algumas vezes).

If you feel down sometimes you may start to eat again [/s ]the things you had cut from your diet/go back on eating the food you had cut from your diet (Se vc se sentir triste algumas vezes, pode voltar a comer as coisas que você tinha cortado da sua dieta).

If you do so, you will start gaining back the weight (that you had lost). (Se fizer isso você ganhará peso novamente)

If you start gaining weight it means (that) you've failed on your diet/your diet fell through/went down the plughole. (Se você ganhar peso novamente, isso quer dizer que sua dieta foi por água abaixo.)

If you want to know more ways of saying "foi por água abaixo" you might like to check this topic in the forum: como-dizer-por-agua-abaixo-em-ingles-t5892.html

Please, correct me for any misconception.
Valeu Gabriel!