Correção de texto: Experience - living in Manchester

I´ve been living in Manchester for ten months ago. When I came here, my English was rubbish. I couldn’t say "how are you". Now I'm feeling a bit confident to speak to someone and ask for information.
Manchester accent, in particular, Rochdale accent is too hard for people like me to understand, but I'm really enjoying, because in my opinion, it is a pretty challenge beginning to learn English from Rochdale accent!
I will tell you a bit about when I arrived to Manchester airport. As I said before, I didn’t speak English. I was with my daughter Alicia, when a Lady took my passport and the Alicia's one. She looked at them and asked me something like "your daughter DOB please" I was miles away. I replied "what"? She soon noticed that I understand nothing. So she showed me in my passport my Date of Birthday (DOB), and then she asked me again "your daughter DOB". I was nervous. I answered "twenty nine.... hum.... October.....hummmm deux mille et treze :-) :-). So, I couldn’t say the lady "two thousand and fourteen! I thought about that all day. Even now, sometimes when I remember I began to laughing with it!

I came across with this situation everyday.
If you are passing to the similar situation, why not share with us? Sharing mean improve your written skills…

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
1 resposta
  Resposta mais votada
19 293
I´ve been living in Manchester for ten months. When I first came here, my English was rubbish. I couldn’t say "how are you". Now I'm feeling a bit more confident to speak to someone and ask for informations.
The Manchester accent, in particular, Rochdale accent is too hard for people like me to understand, but I'm really enjoying it, because in my opinion, it is a great challenge to begin learning English from Rochdale accent!
I will tell you a bit about when I arrived to the Manchester airport. As I said before, I didn’t speak English. I was with my daughter Alicia, when some Lady took my passport and Alicia's one. She looked at them and asked me something like "your daughter DOB please" I was miles away. I replied "what"? She soon noticed that I couldn't understand anything. So she showed me my birth date in my passport (DOB), and then she asked me again "your daughter's DOB". I was nervous. I answered "twenty nine.... hum.... October.....hummmm deux mille et treze :-) :-). So, I couldn’t say "two thousand and fourteen'' to that lady ! I thought about that all day. Even now, sometimes when I remember about it I start laughing.

I came across this situation everyday.
If you are going through a similar situation, why not share with us? Sharing means improving your writing skills…

Just a few adjustments. You did a great job overall.