Handle that x Handle with that

Daniel Reis 2 16
Olá pessoal,

De um tempo para cá venho percebendo as pessoas usando muito ''you can handle that'' sem usar with.
Seria a mesma coisa com with ? Se não, qual a diferença?

Valeus

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
8 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
You would normally use "handle", except in a very few cases.
There are examples of "handle" plus "with" in the same sentence, yet not immediately close to each other.

Handle with care (a sign in a box with fragile items inside)
Daniel Reis 2 16
Olá,

Não sei se entendi muito bem, mas também não coloquei um exemplo, segue um dessa vez:

Eu não pude lidar com aquele problema - I could not handle(with)that problem

Sem o ''with'' a frase parece perder o sentido, mas já vi frases assim sem o ''with'', por isso a duvida.

Valeus
Daniel Reis 2 16
Olá pessoal,

Esse tópico deve esclarecer todas as duvidas: To Handle x to deal: Qual a diferença?

Valeus
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Yes, that's right!

So, your sentence would be "I could not handle that problem."

Notice that in use, in Dictionaries of collocations.

Ref. ozdic
Ref. oxforddictionary.so8848
In the last example they point out that one can use preposition in a sentence, only that in immediatelly after the word/verb "handle":
PREP. with She handled the crisis with total assurance.

Plus, generally someone writing will use the preposition with in the sentence, not other.

Of course, there will be a few cases in wich the preposition we can use other prepositions:
As in - For simpler cases, detoxification and medical care will be handled by the in-house medical team.

That's why in English we have to heed tha advice of Justin Bieber song never say never! But with practice, we will know wich cases requires wich preposition.

Cyaz!
Hello!

Sim, em inglês fica mesmo apenas o Handle nestes casos. Uma das coisas que tive que enfrentar, é o fato de que nem tudo fará sentido em português. Apenas memorize, rs. Alguns verbos pedem preposições outros não.

Para LIDAR COM usa-se HANDLE or DEAL WITH.

Exemplo: Não sou muito bom em lidar com problemas no trabalho

- I am not very good at dealing with problems at work
- I am not very good at handling problems at work.

Nem sempre eles são intercambiáveis (habilidade de se trocar um pelo outro), então é necessário memorizar mesmo.
APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
"you can handle that" sem usar with. Seria a mesma coisa com with ? Se não, qual a diferença?
By the way, normally I would expect in such situation "you can handle that", generally meaning "I have faith in you/you can manage that/I believe you can (do it).

Whereas "you can handle that with...", I would expect some more elaboration on the matter. As in: "you can handle that with latex gloves/you can handle that without a lawyer". And if it´s in the middle of something/a conversation the "something" has been stated or expressed, so "you can handle (it) without a lawyer/you can handle (it) without latex gloves.
That's it Paulo! I think the only example I can think of right now where Handle is used along with "with" is "HANDLE WITH CARE" when they have fragile items inside of a box. Or things like that... :)
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Nothing we can't handle with a good potion. :-)