Get you anywhere - Tradução em português

Ola , gostaria de saber o uso do "Get" com Closer , anywhere ,somewhere . A tradução de get you anywhere seria mais ou menos ''Chegar a algum lugar '' ou a lugar nenhum.. Certo? Mas Pq tem 'you' no meio , e quando devo usar 'get you anywhere'' ou ''get me anywhere'' e os outros pronomes? Obrigado!:D

POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
1 resposta
  Resposta mais votada
6 49 1.3k
Depends on the meaning/sense.

You can get anywhere, if you want.
(see? you isn´t in the middle of the pair "get" and "anywhere"...)

=============
But let´s get back to the crux of the matter.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/pt/dici ... tanico/get
In the sense of reach (it usually takes an adverb or preposition):

A1 [I usually + adv/prep, T] to reach or arrive at a particular place:

› [I usually + adv/prep] to reach a particular stage, condition, or time:

============================== >

And there is this fixed expression (a set phrase, that people use almost automatically without thinking much, sort of.)

Still in the sense of "reach" (here, similar to "take" in many ways)
get far/somewhere/anywhere
› to make progress or to improve:
She's taking flute lessons, but she really doesn't seem to be getting anywhere with it.
It's been hard settling in, but I feel I'm getting somewhere at last.

In such way, you can state things like these "War doesn´t get you anywhere" (with "you" in the middle), but you can see (a few times) the "you" ommited in this sentence.

===============================================================================
===========================================================================
O p.q.? É p.q. é uma expressão fixa/frase feita, e com esse sentido é usado o "you" (principalmente quando usado em frases com sentido de negação).
Exemplo:
The energy of hatred won't get you anywhere; but the energy of forgiveness, which reveals itself through love, will transform your life in a positive way.”. (Paulo Coelho)