Como dizer "Preciso me segurar (conter)!" em inglês

Como dizer "preciso me segurar" na frase abaixo:

Os clientes me passam muita raiva, mas eu preciso me segurar e não fazer besteira.

Obrigada

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
6 49 1.3k
I have to control myself/my anger/my frustration, and handle my clients well, not to do something stupid/not to do something that I´ll regret later.
I have to hold myself togheter/to keep my cool/to remain calm and collected, not to do some silly thing.
I have to control how to respond to my/the clients demands, not to screw up. I need that job!

And other ways.
MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
hi !

Hold your horses !

Significa ter calma, se segurar em certas situações.

The clients get me angry but I need to hold my horses for not doing stupid things.
2 16
Olá pessoal,

Queria saber se ''hold back'' e ''contain yourself'' serve nesse contexto do tópico ?

Valeus
6 49 1.3k
Yeah, with some different words (and sometimes slightly different contexts) it can expressed.
Example:
After having been nicely waited, the customer had six beers, French fries, finger steaks and appetizers, then he forgot to foot the tab (not only the tip, but the whole bill). When I asked him to, he said that I was pushy, greedy, and thought only of myself. I took a deep breeth, contained myself, and calmly counted the beer bottles, pointed to the empty dishes, and showed him the sum of the items.

Anyway, my previous example, along with the imagery would do, in a natural and concise way.