O Google pode ajudar a corrigir sentenças?

Queria saber se vocês utilizam o Google para verificar a ocorrência de sentenças e como fazem.

Por exemplo: "is expected to use his"
Aproximadamente 311.000 resultados (0,34 segundos)

Mas outros não resultam em números suficientes.

Será que dá para buscar todas as sentenças no Google?

Obrigado.

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
9 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
2 5 28
Quando você faz pesquisas entre aspas assim, Charles Bunn, ajuda por dar uma ideia de quantas vezes é usada esta palavra. É importante você entrar nos sites, também, e verificar se a maioria é de lingua nativa.

Outra coisa que ajuda é usar o (*) no meio de uma frase para descobrir quais as preposições, advérbios, etc. são mais comuns em uma determinada frase. Eu uso isso para o português às vezes. Por exemplo, eu não sabia se era "fico feliz de ajudar" ou "fico feliz em ajudar", então fiz uma busca assim: "fico feliz * ajudar" - e descobri que se pode dizer "fico feliz por ajudar" também. :-)
TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
6 49 1.3k
Not reliable. Generally it is when it suggests "did you mean?"... wich works well when somebody spells some word wrong, say ''patern" for "pattern".
But it doesn´t deal with the issue of meaning/abstractions/culture-wise/natural ways of speaking and the audience (lingos and language retro, say, from the 50s, 60s, 70s etc). Let alone the technical terms that pop up all the time.
Just to name a few aspects.
Anyway, it may give ideas as for what to write, but some tinkering (and an eye for details) with the writing must be in store, always.
6 49 1.3k
Good tip, indeed. I had it tested and found it´s really an interesting tool.
Thanks for sharing, Tim. ;)
Oh, that's a really good tip! Thank you!
2 5 28
Sure, Paulo! I love google for all kinds of research!

I just googled "google search commands" and found these other cool google operators (symbols and punctuation that help us et more specific search results).

https://support.google.com/websearch/an ... 6433?hl=en

(I need to read the rules of the forum. Am I allowed to post links like this?)
CURSO DE PRONÚNCIA
Domine todos os sons do inglês com o nosso novo curso de pronúncia. O professor Adir Ferreira, referência no ensino de pronúncia, criou este curso especialmente para o English Experts. INICIAR AGORA
6 49 1.3k
Sure, you can. You can paste links like you did, it´s not advisable to copy-paste chunks from other sites, you know, because it´s regarded as plagiarism. In case someone needs to cite something else (little chunks or sentences) it´s he better to italicize it and put the link/url/source.

As for Google, it´s an amazing tool. You have just proved it.
I have some qualms about its use, and some of its policies. For instance, I used a little search
engine that collected hits from several other search engines (eight, if memory serves me well, Google included). So, it had a "search within" feature, you would find something in a jiffy.
Now, running a search on Google seems like watching paint dry, believe me, so slooooooow! and not surprising (maybe) afterwards, Google itself killed the "searching within" feature.
Now, lots of advertisement comes first...
Not that I have anything to complaint about, I am just expressing my opinion, from an user p.o.v. (and I use Google a lot, but can´t say it´s as good to linguists, students etc, as it was.).
Summing up, it´s now way harder to separate the wheat from the chaff, when it comes to (more relevant) searching.
2 5 28
Thank you for the information and comment, Paulo. Another thing that I don't like about google is that it forces you to get search results that are limited to your area. I guess that is a good feature most of the time, but I wish I had the option of turning that off when I wanted to.
2 5 28
6 49 1.3k
So true!
And they dropped the operator NEAR, another must-have with linguistics, students, teachers, interested in English etc The remaining options are the English Corpuses, but then, it takes a year-long course to learn the hopes, so complicated !