De volta à ativa. (Back to business.)

Olá pessoal. Depois de tanto tempo resolvi voltar a postar nos fóruns. Já se passaram mais de 7 anos que sou membro e ainda tenho esta conta. Comecei a participar quando a comunidade ainda estava nascendo. Me lembro bem dos posts pioneiros do Alessandro (o grande idealizador), Donay (que sempre foi o professor mais proativo que já vi), Flavia, Telma e alguns outros membros que contribuíram pesadamente para que a comunidade crescesse. Me lembro que até eu mesmo, quando era um adolescente cheio de "entusiasmos" escrevi esse livro e fui bem criticado. Mas isso é passado. As coisas mudaram. (E como mudaram.)

Hoje vejo o quão grande está a comunidade. Ainda mais quando se tem o apoio constante de pessoas que contribuem com o seu tempo livre para ajudar uns aos outros. A seção que mais vejo redirecionamentos do Google é a "Como digo isso em inglês?", que muitas vezes é uma mão na roda caso você queira se expressar de maneira similar na outra língua.

Pois bem. Não estive postando, mas há tempos atrás costumava ser visitante constante do chat do site. Passava horas conversando e praticando (algumas vezes ajudando também) a língua de maneira bem extrovertida. Inclusive tenho muito a agradecer a um dos membros que não vejo há um bom tempo, que se esforçou bastante para aprender nossa língua e que é super bacana. Um forte abraço @CaliTracy! (I hope to see you again here or hanging in the chat sometime later. ;)

A pedidos de alguns membros que vi no chat (incluindo @Cinnamon) me pediram para participar mais da comunidade. Sou "estudante" (esporaticamente) de TI e gostaria de compartilhar ferramentas que podem ajudar bastante no momento dos estudos, de pesquisas ou até na hora de pedir ajuda, por exemplo. Me lembro inclusive dos emails que fazia antigamente e distribuía para dar essas dicas, rsrsrs.

Bom, isso é um breve resumo do que devo fazer após tanto tempo para cooperar com a comunidade. Andei lendo bastante coisa interessante nos fóruns e vi que tem muita gente órfã, que posta uma vez só e some. Eu fui assim, mas agora não mais. Não posso assumir que vou sempre estar postando como muitos contribuidores fazem (que inclusive admiro), mas vou fazer o possível para não sumir novamente da comunidade.

Ah sim, muito importante... Occasionally, eu posso escrever tanto em português quanto inglês, pois sei que há visitantes de outros países aqui. E por isso mesmo, gostaria de pedir ajuda em caso de erros gramaticais em inglês (ainda mais porque meu inglês, por ser "internetês", é muito informal). Afinal não sou perfeito em tudo e nunca chegarei perto. Meu talking ainda não é lá essas coisas, mas me esforço ao máximo para manter da melhor forma possível.
Mas muito obrigado mais uma vez por todo apoio que todos aqui fazem desde o início. Fico muito feliz que tenha chegado a este ponto!

Hugs and best wishes.

-------------

Hello people. After so long I decided to be back posting in the forums. It's been more than 7 years that I'm a member and I still have this account. I started to participate when the community was being born yet. I remember well of the pioneer posts from Alessandro (the big founder), Donay (who was the the most proactive teacher I've ever seen), Flavia, Telma and some other members that contributed heavily for the community to grow. I remember that even myself, when I was a teenager full of "enthusiasm" typed this book and I was very criticized. (Don't mind, it's in Portuguese, and believe me, it's HUGE)
But that is past. Things have changed. (And indeed they changed.)

Today I see how big this community is. Even when there are supporters who contribute with their free time to help each other. The section which I see most redirects from Google is "How do I say this in English?", that many times comes in handy, in case you want to express yourself in a similar way in the other language.

Very well. I haven't been posting, but a long time ago I used to be a constant visitor at the website's chat. Passed hours talking and practicing and talking (sometimes helping as well) the English language in a very extroverted way. Alas, I have a lot to thank to one of the members that I haven't seen in ages, and that made a great effort to learn our language and that is super cool. A great hug @CaliTracy! (I hope to see you again here or hanging in the chat sometime later. ;)

Attending some members' asking for me on the chat (including @Cinnamon) to participate more in the community. I am (occasionally) a geek and would like to share tools which may help at studying, researching or even when asking for help moments, for example. I even remember of the emails I composed and shared for these tips, lol.

Well, this is a brief resume of what should I do after so long to cooperate with the community. I've been reading a lot of interesting things at the forums and saw that there are many orphan people, that posts only once and disappears. I was like that, but now no more. I can't assume I will always be posting like many contributors do (moreover that I admire them), but I'll do the possible to do not vanish again from the community.

Oh yes, very important... Occasionally, I may write either in Portuguese as in English, because I know there are visitors from other countries in here. And for that reason, I would like to ask for help in case of grammar mistakes in English (mostly because my English, for being from the internet, is very informal). After all I'm not perfect and I won't even get close to that. My talking skills are not so great, but I strive myself to keep it the best possible way.
But thanks again for all the support that everyone here do since the beginning. I'm very happy that it reached to this point!

Hugs and best wishes.

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Cinnamon 16 60 498
Welcome back pal!

I am really glad you made it.
Surely you' ve got lots to share and I will be one of your fans. ;)
There are plenty of questions unanswered here, many needs including ours.
Besides, humorous posts with good contents are always welcomed.

:mrgreen:
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Welcome back to the EE, chum. As you can see, there are some more of us around, more recent arrivals.
I am glad that this time you show your English and that you have grown up (although at that time you were in another phase and maybe your verbose ways was what bothered some readers)...anyway, some of them recognized your effort and approved your opinion (and information given).
I think everyone has grown up since then, and that is story now.
Congrats on your restless mind and your sharing experiences, obviously nobody´s perfect and I think nobody is supposed to be.
The site is indeed a place to share experiences, seek help, help others out, communicate, learn all manners of things English (there are people of all walks of life, after all), have fun, interact, get new ideas, and many other possibilities.
The fact of coming back speak volumes about you keeping the enthusiasm towards learning English, with capital E, and may be a proof that you want feedback on your English skills; plus, that you are a participative to some degree.
Ah, and that you are a person that likes to see the improvement of others, and that of the site, what is a good thing.
On my part, I like to express my gratitude to the pioneers that have really done a pretty job, the ones that you have mentioned and the ones that have been around, and many new members that have willingly participated in any way, and the ones that have given their two cent´s worth.
I myself have seen membership mushrooming from 58,000-odd members to almost 110,000 as of today, I must admit that I am glad to be part of that in any way too.