Revisar ou não revisar?

Será que faz sentido revisar conteúdos? Será que a repetição natural dos conteúdos já não são uma forma mais eficiente de assimila-los?

Ao ler um livro, diversas palavras e estruturas naturalmente vão aparecer com frequência.

Será que vale a pena se desgastar revisando?

Como vocês revisam?

APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
Quanto mais avançado você estiver no idioma, de menos revisões precisará, e após um certo estágio poderá chegar a dispensá-las. Entretanto, a medida que vai avançando, é necessário tomar cuidado para, durante a leitura, não deixar passar batido palavras e construções que você ainda não conhece e que seriam úteis para o seu próprio uso.
MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
6 49 1.3k
I think it depends on what one is aiming for. If someone is studying for an exam, he will have to recap some topics, reread some chapters, see again some grammar points that are likely to come up in the test. In the case of a self-taught student, for example, you have a point.
Anyway, the latter student might have a high self-discipline, might study regularly to find that frequency of repetitions.
One instance, the student that is a natural reader, that have a thing for reading and that have a variety of genres/styles in his menu.
4 19 70
Hey guys!

Concordo com os colegas acima e recomendo a leitura de um artigo aqui no English Experts que fala justamente sobre a importância da revisão: https://www.englishexperts.com.br/o-pod ... seu-favor/

Sou suspeito para falar (haha), mas dá uma olhadinha lá!

Cheers!
6 49 1.3k
First of all, I have to praise your excellent contribution "O Poder da Revisão como utilizar a memoria a seu favor...", your beautifully made your point and one couldn´t say otherwise.
I had (and still have) the impression, though; that what Charles meant in his initial message is that moment in which one thinks he shouldn´t be (here just some examples/probabilities) be writing or talking because he should recap some grammar points etc.
There is a point in the apprenticeship in which we get that feeling that we "don´t everything" or "don´t know enough" to communicate.
To cite a few examples, say, there´s this book English Grammar in Use with 145 topics on a string of subjects, along with a lot of exercises...to communicate well should I care to master every grammar point there? no! And even if I did, then the "language of streets" would throw me off the track.
And by the way, as you have pointed out, we recapitulate things all the time, when in doubt, we get back to some reference book, grammar or something to get it right.
In fact, the more one uses his English (spoken, written, etc) the more this learner is being corrected ''right off the bat", rather than later, or then he/she is going to correct himself (since in chats or in spoken English, things are real fast...). In such event, generally, the other person is not going straight to the point (to this point- of pointing your flaws- at risk of harming the flow of communication itself.) So, to a certain degree, certainly that´s what "iamcr" was thinking about at the time of his comment here.
To be honest, there are mainly two types of English learners, the aficionado that uses English in a daily basis (reading/speaking/writing) and the one that needs English as an academical subject or to other purposes (say, to pursue a promotion at the work, or to travel next year, or to take a test, etc.).
My comment was more directed to the former, but then I completely agree with you if we think of the latter.