Palavra Lenght

Oi pessoal, acho que vocês já viram o meu outro tópico. Bem, esse tópico já é para a palavra Length

Length pode ter 2 significados: Duração ou comprimento.

Mas, como é que vamos usar a palavra Length em determinadas frases?

Antes de mais nada, o que vocês acham do meu método de estudo? Tipo, eu tento responder mentalmente a minha pergunta. Basicamente é isso. :)

Length

1. Como é "duração do tempo"?
Length of time

2. Eu irei sempre lembrar falando com ele longamente. Traduza.
I'll always remember speaking with him at length

3. Como é "limite de comprimento para soldados?"?
Lenght limit for the soldiers.

4. Como é "diferença de comprimento"?
Diference in the length

5. Como é "ele correu 23 quilômetros de comprimento"
He ran the 23 km length

6. Qual o significado de "length of time"?

7.Qual a tradução para " I'll always remeber speaking with him at length"?

8. Qual a tradução para "lenght limit for the soldiers"?

9. Qual a tradução para "Diference in the length"?

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I will deal with part of your questions, and I say you should go by degrees. Take a look at some expressions on a novel, or dictionary (preferably an English-Portuguese to Brazilian Speakers).
Those habits will do wonders to your learning, since just letting know you know the meaning won´t teach you the usage.
Today, for example, I watched a movie in which the girl was asked "what was she doing?" she answered "not a lot" (translated - não estou fazendo nada...). It made a whale of a sense, she was simply talking on the phone at the time.
See? Context makes wonders!

1) lenght of time - duração/período/intervalo de tempo. But depending on the text you can translate just as "período". It depends on the case.

2) It can be "longamente" or "em profundidade/em detalhes" about some matter.

Things are a bit hectic around here, so I will be back to this post later. If others don´t have it answered fulsome. ;)
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
2) Back to question # 2, because in English is advisable (and good manners) to use "please" and "thanks" (after having help of someone, etc). If we don´t, they may think we are rude.
3) I think you meant "height requirements" (how tall a soldier have to be, the minimum height for a soldieer.)
4) Diference in lenght - usually it means "diferença em comprimento".
5) Lenght could be "comprimento" here, but I would prefer "extensão":
The Great Wall of China is 13,170 miles long... That's more than twice the length of previous estimates. (eu preferiria "extensão" aqui, mas é estilo pessoal.)