Como começar a aprender gramática

Galera, Aprendo inglês há algum tempo com músicas, séries e textos. Tenho um vocabulário até bom, compreendo textos longos e até sou capaz de traduzi-los na maioria das vezes. Meu listening não é tão bom, mas não é ruim.

A questão é: nunca peguei em uma gramática. Não sei escrever corretamente frases que não são do meu cotidiano (básicas). Eu preciso muito aprender agora.

Gostaria de saber se alguém já passou por situação semelhante e se poderia me dar algumas dicas de materiais e como começar. Um fórum para praticar também seria interessante. Atualmente uso minha conta do Twitter para praticar mas ainda tenho "vergonha" de errar. Enfim, é isso.

Ps
Duolingo: não gosto muito. Acho que é muito básico, mas uso.

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
10 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I recommend The Richmond Simplified Grammar of English by Amos/Prescher. It´s a very good book, it also comes with a CD ROM with texts, etc.
Don´t be afraid to write, nobody is born a genius. We learn by writing, communicating and making mistakes. The more you are in touch with English the more you learn.
Then you get back to the training, the writing, etc, trying to emulate others which style you like, then with time you get your own style. The more English styles you have contact, the more you can choose from and develop your own.
You can see "English in action" with Dilbert comic strips, read novels, read some Newspapers, use the BBC English Learnign section, where´s there a will there´s a way.
Good luck on your studies.
Thank you, Paulo. Do think that w/ this book I get the advanced level?
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I would say you would get to the Intermediate level, which is my level.
If you want it upper intermediate, you might consider something like the Oxford English Grammar Course (with answers) -Intermediate by Michael Swan et Catherine Walter. Or something like this, indeed the latter it´s upper-intermediate to my thinking.
Plus, the latter is purely in English, which adds some level of complexity to the task.
Bear in mind that the progress in learning a new languages isn´t necessarily linear, it diminishes with time.
It´s when one reaches the comfort zone, and needs to challenge himself to get to higher flights, but then don´t worry. Certainly you just want to reach the intermediate stage, so don´t worry, just go for it!
OEstudantedeIngles 2 16 113
Paulo, I can't believe you are in the intermediate level haha Your English is very good!
Yes! I thought the same thing. Paulo's English is very good.
Paulo, I read something about The Richmond and the people said it was good for the basics. So I think that buying the two it's a good ideia. What do you think? Do you have one other tips?
ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
Já ouviu falar do Hello English? Muito bom, ensina a gramática certinha. Se você se dedicar você vai longe nele. Hoje eu tô fazendo um curso online na Englishtown, se tiver afim de investir uma grana nele. O curso tá no topo de todos.
Oi, Rai. Nunca ouvi falar mas pesquisei aqui. É o asiático? Foi o primeiro da busca.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Thank you guys, you are very generous towards me! If you can afford to buy both books you won´t regret that, you will like them and will learn a lot.
There are other tips on learning English on past messages of mine, I have answered a lot of posts on the subject of learning English around here. Many others and I have answered questions about this here.

There is an entire section now dedicated to the matter, you can sift through it and see some tips that fits your way of learning.
como-aprender-ingles-f29.html
Thank you again.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
You are welcome! Good luck on your studies.