Correção de texto: religious intolerance

There are several different religions. And in my opinion, all of them must be respected. Well, with an exception for those which discriminate people's style to live. Any prejudices, hate, discrimination is nothing related to God. We have to learn how to love people the way they are, if they are Gay, Straight, Atheist, Buddhist, it doesn't matter. The all the matters if you are a good person, if you are, don't matter your choices or what you do. As long as you are acting within the law, nothing is wrong if it's making you happy . We are who we are, and nothing can change it.

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
8 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
There are several different religions, and in my opinion, all of them must be respected. Well, with an exception for those which discriminate people's style of live.
Any prejudices, hate, discrimination is nothing related to God. We have to learn how to love people the way they are; if they are gay, straight, atheist, Buddhist, it doesn't matter at all. All that matters is if you are a good person; it doesn't matter your choices in life. (or -choices in other areas of your life.)
As long as you are acting within the law, there´s nothing wrong with doing what makes you happy . We are who we are, and nothing can change it.
There a problem with the reasoning, though. It first mention that religions should be respected, then it says it takes an exception... Of course we know what you mean, but a text must express that (at least is preferable that it does so). So, it should be elaborated or expanded more not to leave the reader confused. Other than that, only minor corrections.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Little correction needed here (to my above comment):
There is a problem with the reasoning, though. It first mention that religions should be respected, then it says it takes an exception... That is, the focus shifted from respect of someone´s else religion, to respect of somebody´s else way of life, and so on.
Thanks a million Paulo, your correction is amazing. I'm going to write it down and review time and again. Man, I've learnt so much with you.
gian2hard 1 7 52
Olá, sugestão:

Several different religions exist throughout the world, and in my opinion, all of them must be respected, except those who discriminate against people's lifestyle preferences. Prejudice, hate, discrimination has got nothing to do with God. We have to learn how to love people the way they are, whether they are gay, straight, atheists, Buddhist, it doesn't matter. All the matters is if you are a good person, if you are, it doesn't matter your preferences or what you do. As long as you are acting within the law, nothing is wrong if it's making you happy. We are who we are, and nothing can change it.
Thanks Gian, thanks a milion. This is above and beyong of you guys.
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
Has gottten or has got ?
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
He doesn´t mean past, since it´s a general statement. Valid to the moment he expresses himself, to now and to the future. So, it can be "has got"; even preferable in a text with an impersonal tone.
Thanks pal