Who ou Whom: Qual utilizar?

Qual a palavra mais adequada para se colocar na lacuna da sentença abaixo: who ou whom?

Good-humored is somebody _ is happy with himself or herself.

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
4 12 30
Unless you are taking a really important English exam, there is NO reason at all to use "whom". No one says it in normal, everyday speech. If they do, they are trying to sound smart.

"Who called?" (who is the subject)
"Who did you call?" (who is the object - no one says "whom did you call? Only in Downton Abbey)

Keep it simple! Which sounds more natural? "Who are you going to call?" or "Whom are you going to call?" I don't think the Ghostbusters movie could ever have been made if we actually used "whom"!

Cheers!

Josh
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
4 19 70
The correct answer is WHO.

Who is used to talk about the subject, the one who does the action in the sentence, the doer.
Ex: That's the girl who dates my best friend.

- Who dates my best friend? That girl dates my best friend. (Girl here is the subject)

Whom is used to talk about the object, the one who receives the action done by the subject.
Ex: That's the girl with whom I date.

- Who do you date? I date that girl. (Girl here is the object)

Cheers!