Correção de "It's the argument of Hayek ..."

It's the argument of Hayek to existence of the State, but this is totally bullshit. The fact that you know a priori the rules doesn't mean that rules are correct or morals

É o argumento do Hayek para a existência do Estado, mas isso é besteira. O fato de você saber as regras a priori não significa que essas regras sejam corretas ou morais.

POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Hayek claims that the State should step in to force people not to compel others to do what don´t serve their purpose, but then his argument is flawed, since that way the state is a coercer agent itself.

The fact that you know the rules a priori doens´t make it right or morally good.

Two comments about the above/your writing:
1-) By using the vague "it´s the argument of Hayek..." doesn´t make it clearly expressed, one might wonder what argument is it, I for the sake of example offered one, but certainly it is not the one you meant, read or was discussing.

2-) When writing academical texts/essays, we usually soften the language. Thus we don´t say straight out state that it/something is "uma besteira", so I used the "flawed" word. Other words or expressions could be used, for example "I don´t agree with him that..." etc.
A thesis elsewhere has it that "My thesis is that, from a moral point of view, Hayek’s critique of social justice Nonetheless fails." and then he go on to the reasoning of why (he thinks so).

It´s some of a Brazilian tendency, or that of some professors and top brass intellectuals to express themselves in no incertain and impolite terms. That doesn´t help further their ideas, it may not hurt their fame as well (at least in Brazil). But when writing essays and thesis, we should go by the books.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
The same goes to essays/dissertations in Portuguese as well.