Everybody should: Terceira pessoa

Hello I was trying to say this sentence but then i foud out i didn't know how to complete it:

"EVerybody should treat (themselves?) with a photo session like I did" - should I use themselves?

Other doubt is, when I use "who/whom" the verb to be is supposed to be in the third person he/she/is, like everybody?

for example we say "everybody likes pop corn" should I say "who likes pop corn?" "who wants to be killed?"

Thanks

APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
9 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Logan18 1
Hi sophiaschimidt.
"Everybody should treat (themselves?) with a photo session like I did" - should I use themselves?
Yes, you should use themselves.

Rule: Substitute “he/him” or “she/her”: If it's either “he” or “she” then it's “who” if it's “him” or “her” then it's “whom.” Ok ?

You are correct when you say that the verb be was supposed to be in the third form.

I hope it helps you.
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Sophia,

Sim,a estrutura 'Everybody should treat themselves' está correta.

Sim,everybody/everyone likes,goes,tries,works,etc.

Everybody likes popcorn=Todo mundo gosta de pipoca.

Everybody who likes popcorn=Todo mundo que gosta de pipoca.

-->Nem sempre "who/whom" vai implicar em terceira pessoa.Veja:

People who work there=Pessoas que trabalham lá.-->'People' é plural.'Who'/'whom' é usado em referência a pessoas,singular ou plural.

Bons estudos!
Logan18 1
Muito agradecido por complementar Donay.
brigada pessoal, fico feliz que eu ja sabia a resposta, sinal que estou aprendendo sem nem perceber!
Henry Cunha 3 18 190
Lembrando que

Treat with tem o sentido de tratamento para remediar:

He's being treated with chemotherapy.
Residential tapwater is frequently treated with fluoride.

Treat to tem o sentido de desfrutar, presentear, etc:

For her birthday I treated her to a movie.
I treated myself to an ice cream.

Regards
TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
Puxa brigad anao sabia da diferenca do with e do to, as vezes cometemos erros por causa de preposicoes que parecem simples mas nao sao!
Logan18 1
Henry Cunha escreveu:Lembrando que

Treat with tem o sentido de tratamento para remediar:

He's being treated with chemotherapy.
Residential tapwater is frequently treated with fluoride.

Treat to tem o sentido de desfrutar, presentear, etc:

For her birthday I treated her to a movie.
I treated myself to an ice cream.

Regards
Valeu Henry, eu não sabia disso é algo nome, eu já vi essa palavra sendo utilizada nesse sentido no podcast " Flatmates ".

Bem é isso, obrigado.
Everybody who likes popcorn=Todo mundo que gosta de pipoca

Não podería ser:Everybody THAT likes popcorn?
Cinnamon 16 60 498
Hi there!

Yes "that" can be used instead of "who", is a little informal and totally correct in terms of grammar. ;)

That: Used for referring to a . person or thing...
He is the singer who performed that song so beautifully.
He is the one that performed the song. 8-)
Everybody that likes pizza agree it is not heathy food.

Note: which, a formal word that cannot be used for referring to a person or people.

Cheers!

:mrgreen: