Introduction to my journey

1 2 14
Hey guys, how’s it going? I hope you all are doing great.

It’s been a long time since I started looking for a tool in which I could practice my English writing skills, and a few days ago it just clicked on me: Why not start a blog and write some articles about random stuff? It would be really great, though getting people who are interested in reading about my life isn’t the easiest kind of task.

I’m not an author or anything but writing about my daily activities would definitely help me writing-wise. I’ve been reading a lot in English lately in order to write as natural as possible. I want people to read my articles and wonder “It was written by a native English speaker, wasn’t it?”. However, I’m a down-to-earth kind of person. I do know that this is a very challenging goal and it takes a lot of time and effort. Hence, I spend a good amount of my day surrounded by English, listening to songs, watching movies, reading and all this kind of stuff. I’m really confident with my current English level since I can express myself just fine.

The fact that I don’t miss Portuguese when I speak English makes me really proud and willing to go further. However, there’s room for improvement and I’m not settling down, not at all.

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
6 14 102
Hey guys, how’s it going? I hope you are all doing great.

It’s been a long time since I started looking for a tool wherewith I could practice my English writing skills, and a few days ago it just hit me[1]: why shouldn't I start a blog and write some articles about random stuff? It would be really great, though finding people interested in reading about my life might not be the easiest kind of task.

I’m not an author or anything, but writing about my daily activities would definitely help me writing-wise. I’ve been reading a lot in English lately, [2] in order to write as naturally [3] as possible. I want people to read my articles and wonder: “it was written by a native English speaker, wasn’t it?”. However, I’m a down-to-earth kind of person. I do know that this is a very challenging goal and it will take me a lot of time and effort to achieve it. Hence, I spend a good part of my day surrounded by English, listening to songs, watching movies, reading and all that stuff. I’m really confident with my current English level, since I can express myself just fine.

The fact that I don’t miss Portuguese when I speak English makes me really proud and willing to go further. However, there’s room for improvement and I’m not settling down, not at all.

Correction key:

Italic: not necessarily wrong, but it may not sound good. Consider revising!
Bold: problems with grammar, vocabulary or spelling.

[1] 'It hit me' sounds much better than 'it clicked on me'.

[2] Be careful with punctuation; you're constantly missing commas and semicolons.

[3] You need an adverb here, not an adjective.

Observe that the majority of my corrections regarded style, which indicates an improvement on your writing. Keep up the good work!

Cheers!!
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
6 49 1.3k
Way to go, Marcelo. Your English is going from strength to strength, better by the day.

It would be really great, though getting people interested in reading about my life isn’t the easiest kind of task.

I’m not an author or anything but writing about my daily activities would definitely help me writing-wise (also - to hone my writing skills).

I want people to read my pieces and wonder “It was written by a native English speaker, wasn’t it?”.