Como dizer "Eu estou de carro" em inglês

Como dizer "Eu estou de carro" em inglês
Zumstein 1 31 435
Você vai com seu carro a um determinado lugar e alguém lhe oferece carona.

Contexto:

- Quer aproveitar? (carona)
- Não, obrigada. Eu estou de carro.

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
10 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Sugestão:

I appreciate the ride. But, no, thanks. I will go in my own car.
do you want enjoy the lift and ride with me.
no thanks, i am with my car, driving it.
Juliana Rios 24 105 397
Sugestões:

Eu estou de carro = I have my car (with me)
Eu estou sem carro = I don't have my car (with me)

"Do you want a ride home?"
"No, thanks, I have my car".

"I'd go if I had my car with me".

"I didn't have my car so I had to ride the bus to work".

"Do you have your car or do you need a lift?"

"I don't have my car. It's still in the shop".
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I would add to the discussion (after having submitted this to Mustarland (an English site to learn English):

I appreciate your kind offer but must decline. I am not carless today.

This way, would be a way to express that in a comphreensive way, since I noticed that you guys answered correctly. But the comments assumed the person that was offered the lift had a car or was a driver.
I wondered, what about if someone else would come to pick him/her up? What if he/she had borrowed a vehicle? And in the case of the guy had not a car but a motorbike? This way, I think, gets a bit more like "eu estou de carro" (in the sense that I am on wheels today, regardless how many wheels).
Boa PPAULO,

Mas e que tal essa expressão que você mencionou: "I am on wheels today"?

Ela também pode ser usada como opção? Se sim, você sabe a diferença de estilo, por exemplo, se é mais informal que as demais, como parece, e se deve ser usada em alguma situações específica, ou mesmo evitada em outras?
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Yep, you got it right, to me it can, but it´s not all English speaking people that would understand. And it would be informal.
Looks like the meaning is slowly taking a turn in that direction, sort of, if these (and others) examples are any indication to go by:

It made me realise how completely dependent I am on wheels. Without my chair, I cannot move. Without my car, I'm largely stuck at home, particularly if the weather is bad. I hate it.
http://www.andrewf23.typepad.com/

I’m not a bike rider (bad things happen when I am on wheels and exercising), but it’s awesome to hear how passionate you are about this.
https://holdouts.wordpress.com/2012/07/ ... sters-son/

This can either mean driving or mowing the lawn with headphones on.
http://www.wiztower.com/2011_06_01_archive.html

==================
Anyway, the more "purists" don´t acknowlege it in this sense, so be careful with the use.
Or it could be used with the younger, perhaps. As I said once, I never say never, I don´t have much prejudice with a word or its use (if it makes some sense, of course).
http://forum.thefreedictionary.com/post ... wheel.aspx

I myself used that because people would understand, but didn´t when in the discussion of the topic, on Mustardland. The Brits are a bit stickler when it comes to language. They don´t like such novelties ...
Ok. Thank you.
Breckenfeld 3 15 131
My suggestion:

Would you like a ride?
No thanks, I'm driving today.

Bye!
Thomas 7 62 296
I have heard and used "I got wheels", "I brought my car", "I got my car", etc. Some other posts give expressions I do not remember ever hearing.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
The crux of the matter, the answer to Zumsteim as for our Portuguese "eu estou de carro" (and decline a lift) is, there is not short equivalent to that effect.
The shortest equivalent would be "no thanks" but it could sound impolite, so the english counterparts have to come along with some explanation, why you decline the lift.

Thus, some alternatives:
No, thank you. I'm being picked up. (in the case your father/brother etc, is coming to pick you up.)
I already have a lift. (ditto)

No, thank you. I have a car today.
(in the event of you having borrowed a car from a friend, brother, father, relative, what you have.)

So, it doesn´t seem as there´s an exact equivalent to our "eu estou de carro", withouth some back up statement/further explanation, to decline a lift offering from a friend.