What can we do to leave a better planet for our children?

Pratique seu inglês respondendo as perguntas feitas em cada tópico.
Regras do fórum
Use apenas o inglês nesta seção. Mensagens em Português serão excluídas.

Mensagempor Flavia.lm » 26 Fev 2010, 13:26

Question: What can we do to leave a better planet for our children?

Answers:

- We should stop hurting the environment,
- Investing in education should be a top priority.

Now it's your turn!
Flavia.lm
5 39
2160 (5778)
Reputação

Re: What can we do to leave a better planet for our children?

Mensagempor Lu Interact » 26 Fev 2010, 14:05

- Eat organic food.

Why? - Because it is good for you and, just as important, it is better for the environment as it eliminates the use of harmful pesticides and fertilisers that affect the natural and fragile ecosystems surrounding the farms.

When available buy food from biodynamic farms.

Ah, yes, also eat less meat - yes, yes, to save the environment.

Look it up and read about it - but do so in English..!!
Luciana - "Variety is the spice of life"
Lu Interact
10 (115)
Reputação

Mensagempor Marcio_Farias » 28 Fev 2010, 14:39

People ought not to litter the streets. The more they litter them, the bigger the litter pile gets, with their children sinking right through it.
The car stopped with a jerk, then the jerk got out.
http://www.punoftheday.com/cgi-bin/randompun.pl
Marcio_Farias
3 41
2595 (3871)
Reputação

Mensagempor RenanKenplers » 28 Fev 2010, 18:24

Recycle everything you can. Without our planet in great conditions, we're vulnerable to extinction =(

At this point in time we need to do everything in favour of sustainability so that our children won't live that long, it's fact.
RenanKenplers
25 (283)
Reputação

Mensagempor Arandir » 05 Mar 2010, 17:16

I've been worried about climate change.
In my opinion the actions of individuals can make a difference.
Nowadays the people recycle more than in the past, however there are still several obstacles to significant actions about the enviromental savings.
“If you can dream it, you can do it.” Walt Disney
Arandir
25 (165)
Reputação

Mensagempor Flavia.lm » 13 Mar 2010, 00:53

Yesterday the topic in the classroom was “the new generation of parents and children”.
Nowadays, most of young women have to work, so they spend much less time with their children than our mothers used to spend with us. It is obvious that it will interfere in the way these children are brought up, but there are many ways to get around such situation.

Coincidentally, I read today about Supernanny Brazil, broadcasted by SBT (and that I’ve never watched). I read that for the first time the “Supernany” gave up and did not finish the episode. Reason: the problem was not the children; it was the mother, who preferred to spend her time surfing the internet instead of taking care of the kids. Furthermore, the mother refused to change her behavior.

What notion of family, moral and respect will these children have? How will they manage their own families in the future, after having such bad examples?
Flavia.lm
5 39
2160 (5778)
Reputação

Mensagempor Marco Brainiac » 23 Mar 2010, 13:24

Hi Flávia,

I don't have any kids yet , but I'd like to leave a clean planet to my future kids, well It's sounds I'm joking however by the time I eat some fruit remaining seed, instead of put it off I'm used to collect and throw away it near forests.

I´v seen a lot of little trees grew up by me. The kind of trees are ( I don´t know if it there is a translation in English) :
- Mango, pitanga, acerola, jaca,coconut, caja, ameixa...

I guess that some wanting people and animals could eat and to change carbon in organic matter it helps to enviroment (flora and fauna).

Some people tell me that I mess with or it's a lost case... Nevertheless Ithink it moving forward helping a environmental reserve.

We are tied in our planet to survive, then let's avoid to pollute, beaches, rivers, waste ground...

Indeed, Starting a good example is picking one up childrens!

I was very disapoointed with USA by the time they did a terrible procrastination in the last metting of Enviroment (at Brussels in Belgium ), before I guessed Obama would be more conscious as Bush.
Marco Brainiac
5 (145)
Reputação

Mensagempor dsoldier » 25 Mar 2010, 13:44

What the world need is think outside the box and help others...

STOP BEING SELFISH... ITS TIME TO BE ALTRUIST
dsoldier

Mensagempor ailime » 01 Jul 2010, 12:56

Firstly, we should reduce the huge gap between the rich and the poor. If we give an adequate education to the poor we are providing them a tool to break out of poverty. I belive that by reducing the inequality, consequently we can reduce the violence and provide a better world for our childdren in the future.
Secondly, we should improve our environment by cleaning up our air and water and taking measures to reduce the global warming. Although our government has already started the ethanol program, we have been still lagging behind other countries in taking strict measures to reduce or even to eliminate the pollution.
Finally, our government should not turn a blind eye to the problems and increase the investments in infrastructures which could improve significantly all the sectors.
ailime
20 (261)
Reputação

Mensagempor w.slayman » 01 Jul 2010, 18:47

ailime escreveu:Firstly, we should reduce the huge gap between the rich and the poor. If we give an adequate education to the poor we are providing them a tool to break out of poverty. I belive that by reducing the inequality, consequently we can reduce the violence and provide a better world for our childdren in the future.
Secondly, we should improve our environment by cleaning up our air and water and taking measures to reduce the global warming. Although our government has already started the ethanol program, we have been still lagging behind other countries in taking strict measures to reduce or even to eliminate the pollution.
Finally, our government should not turn a blind eye to the problems and increase the investments in infrastructures which could improve significantly all the sectors.

Ailime,

In my opinion, the words firstly and secondly when used in this contex and structure are somewhat obsolete, and archaic. With that being said, I would like to submit the following rewrite for your review and comments.

First, I believe that by reducing the inequality in earning potential between the rich and poor we can reduce crime and violence, and the best way to accomplish this goal is to require and provide an adequate education for all children regardless of the income of the family.

Second, we as a nation must insist and pressure our government to pursue the development of additional alternative energy sources, and to become a world leader in the efforts to reduce polution of all types especially those that contribute to global warming.

Finally, we must demand that our government recognize problems and proactively seek solutions to the same, while increasing investments in infrastructures which have the potential of improving the lot of the people.
Bill Slayman
Pensacola, Florida (Native English Speaker, USA)
w.slayman@cox.net
Please contact me by e-mail or Skype (user name billslayman)
PLEASE correct my errors, both english and especially Portuguese.
Muito Obrigado, Minhas Amigas e Meus Amigos
w.slayman
Native Speaker
110 (603)
Reputação

Voltar para Perguntas e Respostas em inglês

• TÓPICOS RELACIONADOS