Why, when and how did you start studying English?

adriano78 1 19
Hi, everyone. I started learning English by playing video games. Every single new word that I read, when I was playing, I searched for its meaning in the dictionary. So, I started reading books about English language to learn its grammar. Almost everything I know about english language, I learned by myself. But I still have too much to learn.
POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
Hello everyone,
I've been studying English since 5 months ago. Indeed I always did study English, but with much strength right now. I started because in my work it's necessary but it did leave to be work and now it's addictive and very interesting. I want to learn english completely and after to learn German :)
I started studying English because my mother told me it was important.I started studying at CCAA in 2005.I remember that at first,I didn't liked the idea .Today,I still study (by myself),it's been three years since I have graduated at CCAA and all that I have to say is:Thanks mom,I love English language!
I started studying English in 2009.
I've always dreamed about studying English. Because in high school I only had contact with the language by translating word by word. I've always thought that was not enough for me.
Now I can understand people! It's amazing!
I started with games, the most of the games are in english, so, i wanted to understandood them. After, i understanding how the english was important for the life in the modern world, so, i started to study more seriously.
Currently, i watch movies and lessons ever that i can, and sure, I keep playing games.
Well, I always liked english, but I just have a English basic course recently. I know that english is very important for all of us, therefore I study englih. I really like music, so I use lyrics to study english.
INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
In 2013 I didn't know anything in english (only Grammar) and my english teacher said something in english. I asked to my friend "What did she say?" and she answered me the translation, so I thought it wonderful.
A day later, I started to learn English in the web, in my house. I started with "Duolingo" and after that I finished it, I started with "LinguaLeo" when I read some texts, watch some english videos, etc. Also I study with English Experts :)
I'm not excellent, but I'm improving my english.
Hi good afternoon everybody. I'm new here at this forum.

I've started studying english because it is mostly a need for the job market nowadays, and also I always liked to learn new languages and know different cultures aroud the world, it was about five years since I've started english classes.

(please feel free to give feedback or to corret any language mistake I made
Flavia.lm escreveu:Question: Why, when and how did you start studying English?

Answer:
It was my parent’s idea. It was in 1995, I was thirteen and not interested in English at all. --> Yes, I’ve already thanked them. Nowadays I continue studying it, but now because I love the language and I know how important it is to my professional career and to my future as a whole.

Now it is your turn!
I starded to study English three years ago at Cultura Inglesa in Rio de janeiro. Since when I was a child my dream was to study English,because I listened a lot of musics in English so I became interested in the language,but I had no money in this time to pay the course, mainly because I was a child and didnt work. Finally when I finished my graduation I decided to start the course, was the best thing I did, because nowadays to learn English is essential to join in a good company.I am very happy studyng English but I have to improve more and more.

Regards,
I always liked english, I had a big wish to speak english very well. I started learning english for years ago, but I stopped two years ago because my daughter was born. Now, I started learning again, I hope to keep on e day after day improve my english
I always liked English, but I just started study very hard English in 2014. I study English on the net, and in an English course here in my city. At least, I started study English because it's very interesting, fun, and it permits me get more knowledge.
INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
Hmm... Actually, I started studying English when I was 16, but I wasn't so ''got used'' with the language and to be honest I didn't even know how to study it on my own. It was so frustrating, I swear, lol; So, I always slacked off studying grammar and watching movies that weren't appropriate to my level and that always brought me down, it was like a bomb that had blown me off because I was completly lost in my learning. My real intention when I started learning English it was because I wanted to become a Polyglot, and this is my main goal.
6 months later (This took place in 2012) I stopped to study English and started with Spanish 'till December 4, 2014 (I speak Spanish fluently nowadays). However, I always faced English as an important language which people ought to learn because it opens up good opportunities to our bussiness life and moreover gives us a deep insight about the World, so by learning English (or any other language) we get more involved with new stuff and new experiences. I must say I'm learning English for 4 months now.
I start studying English when I was 13 years, because I was going to start this new subject in school.
I always enjoyed to learn languages. I studied in several different courses in my country, Brazil. In 2006, I needed to move to US. Since 2006 I had studied in class to immigrants and free online English classes too. I have to improve my conversation and grammar now.
Hello, everyone!

Answering the quequestion, I started studying English because of my needs at school researching papers.

Kindest regards,

Paulo
Well, when I was fourteen years old, I found a very interesting book of english. This book was a perfect way to start the studies, because his questions were very cool. I wanted understand a new language, and the english was perfect, because I was in love with the american musics and movies. In the beginnig, I used books and dictionaries, and now I use international sites, movies, musics, videos and so on...
I never had a english teacher. I study only and I won't give up. My dream is speak english and if you have a dream, you can do it!! :D :D :D
INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
Artful Dodger 6 14 102
I started learning English four and a half years ago: I was in college and I had just found out that I would need it for some of the subjects there. Slightly bewildered by that revelation, I decided I should do something.

In the following month, I did a placement test for a language course provided by the university and I was placed at a pre-intermediate level. Before that, I had never been to a language school; I had learned everything I knew regarding English by watching sitcoms.

After I finished my 2-year course, I studied by myself for another two years and now I'm taking a proficiency course in order to take the CPE [Cambridge Proficiency Exam].

Cheers!
English was my favorite subject at school, in 2010 when i had the opportunity... i started to study in a simple course, simple but good course. After seven months studying there, the course went out of business and i had to stop with english.
Two years later i started to study in an other course not so good ( it was a false advertising) but.. ok
Just a few months to end the course that i did have the internet on my side. Talking to foreigners i could improve my english much in few weeks... so, my advancement was a great incentive to keep me up.
Since then i've been studying at home and with a private teacher. I still have MUCH to improve but.. i'm happy!
:)
Hi,

I started to study English , end of 2011, because I wanted to understand the songs, and I thought I should learn to use at some future trip. I study in a course until today and it's very difficult learn with peoples that you aren't know, especially at the beginning. The teachers changes every semester. And just watching movies, trainning with music and studyng by myself that I got best result. But If I were start all over again, I'll study with music, movies and I'll try to do short texts with much frequency.

=^-^=
For a long time ago I hated English. I had a friend that learning english and he always show me how is wonderful talking in english.

In this period ( 2007) I started play a RPG game in english. It's called Chrono Trigger. So, i continue try to understand the history with "Google Tradutor" helping me.

Then my mother put me in a English Course at a ONG. I study by one year, after my Mother send to another English Course at CNA (Private School) and I stayed by 6 months.

Nowadays I'm still learning english by myself. Reading, Listening and Typing this texts in EE. And sometimes I study little Russian. :)
I started when I was playing video-games and I didn't understand anything, then I took the dictionary and started to study, about 5 years ago. After I have started to see movies and pay more attention when I was listening music.
INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
OEstudantedeIngles 2 16 113
I started studying english 7 months ago. I put it on my mind that I'd do an English course though I'd never liked english so much before that. But I realise that as I started my classes and the time passed, I was getting more and more interested in the language. So, now I'm here, improving my skills everyday on this forum which has been helping soo much and learning new words every day.
My first contact with English happened at school. At time, I didn't like much English, because I didn't have good teachers. But I always liked Video Games and it's was that kept me in contact with the language. At University I started a English course, but I had to take a break of my English studies. So, since august I'm studying English again, because I want do a interchange to New Zealand.
Well, that was back in 1995. I hated English at the time. I was 11/12 years old, and I was on the 6th grade in school. Anyways, that year I had an English teacher that completely changed the way I thought about the language. I never understood the point of learning English or any other language, and the previous teachers I had could not show me a good reason.

I really wish I remembered that teacher's name. Memory is not my greatest strength. And I wish I'd see her around somewhere to thank her. Not only I realized that learning English was fun, but it opened many doors for me.

At that time, 1995, I used to write letters to people in English. I never sent those letters, some people went real. LOL. So I'd show some to my teacher and she'd correct them and give me hints. In 1998 I started taking classes at CNA and then individual classes for a couple of years more. Around 1998 I had contact with the Internet for the first time and then I'd join English chats and contacting people around the world. Good memories.
I had a little contact with english through listenning to music and playing computer games. I'm studying because I like it, but the first reason to start studying was to improve my professional skills. I've studied for 2 years at Excellent Global, but few months ago I realized a necessity to practice english in my routine. So, I started to live the language, reading news, studyng lyrics, thinking in english, watching videos, watching interviews and thing like that. I belong to a indie rock band (just musics in english) as a guitar player and backing vocal, and as a frontman in some songs. I guess I'm in the right way...