Hoje trago um pequeno texto com expressões bem informais no mundo dos relacionamentos com sua explicação em inglês. Confira:
Last night I was at a bar with my friend Mike and he told me that a girl was checking me out. I was kind of shy to go say hello because the last time I did this the girl thought I was coming on to her and she blew me off before I even had the chance to introduce myself. Mike said that he wasn´t surprised because I usually strike out after using my pick-up lines. But I guess that girl was just playing hard to get and that reminded me of Laura Smithson. A year ago some mutual friends fixed us up because they thought we would hit it off. Turns out she was on the rebound so I didn’t want to get involved. I tried to let her down easy but she got furious and threw a fit in front of the whole restaurant.
Explicação das expressões em negrito:
- Check out – to look, to observe someone
- Come on to someone – to flirt with someone
- Blow someone off – to reject someone
- Strike out – to fail
- Pick-up lines – “cantadas”
- Play hard to get – pretend not to be interested
- Fix someone up – introduce someone (with love intentions)
- Hit it off – enjoy each other´s company
- On the rebound – eager to get back into a relationship after recently ending one
- Let someone down easy – to reject someone gently
- Throw a fit – make a scene
See you next time!
Hora de PraticarO nosso parceiro está oferecendo 15 minutos de Aula Grátis para você colocar em prática o que acabou de aprender. Não perca essa oportunidade.
Acessar Código Promocional